Frauds

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Jan 8, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    If Tua did those things. You would say he buckled and threw multiple floaters and is too scared under pressure. Elliott and Apple didn’t even really make plays. The ball just floated right too them.

On the strip sack, wasn’t it just bad ball security? It’s not like wilkins surprised him. He was right in his face and Wilkins didn’t punch it out or anything.

2. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    It's going to be cold, but it's going to be clear and not stupid windy. I don't think throwing the ball is off the table.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  3. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    A QB can make a bad throw and the defense can get credit. Both things can be true.

You should go back and re-watch it. He did strip it out, and made an amazing play to take the ball away.

4. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I agree Wilkins made a great play ! Don’t mean to diminish that.

But he was allowed to make that play because Allen knew he was under pressure and decided not to do anything to protect the ball.

5. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I don't know if I go as far as calling McDaniels a Freud, but is his back to back playoffs associated with what Flores built here? The only gripe I have with the coach is that he wants to be every player best friend instead of coaching discipline. It's too early to really judge him as a coach, but I will say they were plenty of bad play calling recently it's his job to prepare the players for each game and in the category he has fallen short of recently.

resnor and Hooligan like this.
  6. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Well.. yesterday was a nightmare lol.

7. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    No and I don't really see the reasoning behind that

dolphin25 likes this.
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Flores was a fraud. Any offensive success we have had was done without anything from Flores. Defensively, we have moved away from most anything Flores as well.

If anything, have to credit Grier with a solid talent base. He's gonna have his work cut out this offseason.

I do believe McDaniel has talent and the ability to get his team to buy in. But he needs to bring in some more attention to detail, discipline, etc. Let's not forget, he's a very young guy without a ton of high level coaching experience. The third year will be huge.

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Watching the tape: claypool ran a **** route. Still not a great decision to throw it, but he went to the size guy with 17/10 unavailable. The problem is last drive last night we were out of weapons.

everyone was off the field. Herbert gets a pass for this. Tua gets crucified. Herbert gets touted as this big game qb when he slapdicked around the pac12. Next big game he wins will be the first. And no, you cant say pressure of a spot gets to tua. Not when he won a natty. I like when people just dismiss that as if it was flag football intramurals.

you want to say hes a 2 read and chuck in it spot thrower? Sure. But pressure? Silly. And disingenuous.

danmarino likes this.
  10. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    There are tons of college heroes that never made it in the NFL.

pumpdogs and mlb1399 like this.
  11. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Reading comprehension is hard.
    You cant say its pressure. Its not PRESSURE. Hes excelled in more pressure fraught situations. Pressure doesnt change because its the nfl. Its a stepdown in pressure to be dolphins qb vs alabama qb

12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I honestly don't see a decent talent base, not when you consider the cap hell that is approaching. I don't see how we really are gonna be able to add talent that we need.

dolphin25 likes this.
  13. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You did watch that Alabama team, right?

How many first rounders from that team? That defense was sick, the run game was nasty, and their receivers were insane.

You cannot act like Tua was feeling tons of pressure. He wasn't even close to the focal point of their offense.

dolphin25, pumpdogs and hitman8 like this.
  14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    No way

pumpdogs likes this.
  15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Tua didn't do **** against the chiefs with the ball to win, nor the titans, nor the bills.

At this point he needs to reevaluate how he’s playing winning football

Sceeto, resnor, StaleTacos and 3 others like this.
  16. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    I'm a big Tua supporter but there is definitely a pattern developing late in tight games. Dallas is the only exception.

17. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    it is for you apparently LOL. He did good in the college game with future NFL starts against not NFL players. Sorry you don't get it.

resnor likes this.
  18. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    With a few player changes and contract changes the Dolphins can be anywhere between $50m to $80m under the cap next year and still keep the core here.

resnor likes this.
  19. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I think the reason this forum is dying a slow death is because of the decision made many years ago to charge for club membership. Paid membership to message boards rarely work and it's no different here. Based on the number of pop-up ads I see on this site every time I try and access a thread, ad revenue should be enough without charging members for certain sections of the forum. I thought it was a bad decision way back when and I still do. I'll never pay for it. I'm sure you and others will tell me how I'm missing out on amazing discussion but that's ok, I don't need to pay money to hear people argue about the Dolphins with a touch more sophistication.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2024
    Sceeto, resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  20. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

It's never been a big forum though and was set up to get away from the lunatics on the other forum if I remember correctly. It's always been more of a "Country Club" type of forum in my eyes. I used to pay for Club for the first 5 years or so to support the site but as my fandom in the Dolphins started to wain and I moved onto other types of media (reddit, twitter etc) I just kinda slowly stopped dropping by here and the other site until it was I would go months without coming on here or the other site. It's only the last couple of years I started coming back mainly because Miami actually gave me something to talk about and some exciting football to watch for the first time in years.

Ads on mobile are brutal, they cover so much of the reading area especially when your eyes start to go and you need glasses but instead just make the text bigger.

21. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I've always been of the opinion you can get your revenue from paid memberships or ads, but both is double dipping in my humble opinion. I guess whatever they're doing is working for them though so who am I to judge. I only voice my opinion when I see someone do a commercial for the Club Level. I'm same as you, don't visit anywhere nearly as often as I used to due mostly to waning interest in the NFL.

resnor, dolphin25 and Springveldt like this.
  22. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Putting oneself on a pedestal and insulting others is probably the right way to go if your goal is to lose even more members on here… :)

23. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Yeah Dan I was on the club a couple days ago and you all were arguing about religion. So you have the same issues.

I've been trying to make this a more enjoyable place with selective moderation. Just because you don't agree with a position people aren't just trolls. If it was your way only people with Dan's opinion would be able to post. I agree that supporting the site I use is a must. It's cheap and it costs a lot to run a site. So I feel it's my responsibility to pay for what I use. But that's just me.

24. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I doubt the owner of the site is making much more than the cost to run the site from both ads and paid memberships. The paid memberships started because there used to be “insiders” here who didn’t want their info being spread. The idea was that those who paid wouldn’t give away their secrets. Instead, IMO, it’s allowed for a forum with no trolls and more accountability. There’s a standard held in Club that seems to be missing here where we each police each other. That’s not sophistication but rather reasonableness.
    There’s no longer the “insiders”, but rather a place to discuss all sorts of opinions (yes there are al types from the Tua criticizers to the Tuanons, for example) but without the trolls there are legit discussions instead of knee jerk reactions and amping up of feelings like here.

25. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Criticism of trolls is reasonable. The trolls, not the criticism of them, is why not many come here.

26. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    when something like what you’re talking about comes up it’s quashed pretty quickly and rarely carries over to more than a handful of posts. And Mods rarely have to step in because the members police themselves.

I don’t mean to come off as if you’re doing anything wrong. I think you’re doing your best and do the best you canwith the hand you’ve been dealt.

But as long as the obvious trolls are allowed to stay it will be this way. I’m part of other NFL and NFL team forums. Trolls are banned immediately. Go to any other team forum and post the things that the trolls post here and you’d be banned instantly.

As for my opinion being the only one allowed, wrong. I disagree with resnor, for example, on a lot of things. I don’t think he’s a troll nor do we argue much. We have discussions and differing opinions.

resnor likes this.
  27. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    What exactly is definition of troll?
    Is it one who calls it like it is and not sugar coat everything in a false reality?

resnor, hitman8, dolphin25 and 2 others like this.
  28. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Depends on who you’re calling dullards and trolls and calling some people out while putting oneself on a pedestal doesn’t change anything, rather the opposite.

resnor, hitman8 and dolphin25 like this.
  29. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Glad you put "insiders" in quotes. That made it even worse of an ask in my opinion. "Hey, we have some wanna be talking heads that have some real "inside info" but they'll only share it with you if you pay us! Because we can't have the stuff they know, that's already probably all over the internet and twitter getting out there in the world, and can't trust our lowly un-paid members with it!"

Give me a break.

resnor, hitman8, dolphin25 and 2 others like this.
  30. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Pretty sure those "insiders" now have a podcast and a discord server so people do want to pay them for their information. Not my thing though, but I guess there is a market for it.

resnor likes this.
  31. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Good for them if they're getting paid to talk about sports. And I mean that seriously. Nothing wrong with attempting to put out an entertaining podcast and getting paid for it. If it's the one I think you're talking about, I made it about 10 minutes into one of the episodes I saw advertised here before I had to shut if off, but I don't even like hearing the so called "experts" discuss sports, let alone amateurs.

Claiming to have inside knowledge and only dishing to paid club members? Douche move IMHO. As far as I'm concerned it's nothing more than an attempt to create a caste system on a message board. I remember when Club was free and being turned off when people would talk about the "mains" as if they were inferior. The mains are the lifeblood of any good message board, and that seems to have been forgotten here.

32. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Dolphins already scheduled to be 40M OVER the cap next year. Going to take a lot more then a few changes.

resnor and hitman8 like this.
  33. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    and we have a lot of old dudes here too, how many people actually use message boards now?

resnor likes this.
  34. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    All Dolphins Podcast is totally free, just saying :)

resnor and hitman8 like this.
  35. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Good point, it's definitely a dying platform of communication which is sad, because it's so much easier to follow than Twitter and Reddit, IMHO. Reddit I can handle, but I guess I'm just too old for Twitter or X or whatever the hell they're calling it these days.

And to comment on something Sprinvelt said above, I honestly don't even know what a Discord server is... I don't feel that old but I guess time is catching up with me!

resnor, JJ_79 and dolphin25 like this.
  36. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Nope.

A little moving and shuffling and the Dolphins will be well under the cap. The Dolphins are about $50m over the cap right now.
    Restructuring Tyreek, Chubb, and Ramsey will save over $44m next year. If the cap raises to where it’s projected ($16m more than it currently is), the Dolphins will be under the cap by about $5-$6m. Release X by June 1st and they’d save over $18m more next year. Releasing Ogbah and Baker would save them another $23m. Restructuring Zieler, Wilson, and Crossen would save another $11m.

That’s about $57m under the cap. And there are other players they will release (some that we may not want gone) and that will give the Dolphins more money.

IMO, worrying about the cap, when there are numerous ways to overcome its hindrance, isn’t worth it. It’s a mirage.

37. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I think it was a good idea at the time. Someone came here and gave some info and that info obviously leaked from someone here. The fix was to add a paid membership. That didn't really work either, but it wasn't some nefarious attempt to leave people out. It obviously didn't work, but it did lead to a part of this site that allows people to discuss the team they love without the obvious trolling.

38. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    I'll stay with the message boards to have any kind of serious discussion. Have you seen the level of stupidity found in the Phins facebook groups and other social media places? My god we have some stupid fans (I know, every team has them, we just seem to have more of them) that just can't be reasoned with or have an intelligent discussion...

resnor likes this.
  39. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    The definition of "trolling" or a "troll" is easily found. If you want examples of who are trolls here, I'd bet you already know. If you don't, I'll be happy to tell you if you want. But I will ask, who here never has anything good to say, leaves the forum when the Dolphins are doing well (they still lurk, however, but don't post) and then run back here to rile things up when the team or someone plays bad? There's a difference between being skeptical/jaded and trolling and it's pretty obvious to see who is what.

40. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    If the pedestal bar is to not be a troll, then I'm on the pedestal. You are too. But calling out trolls isn't about being on a pedestal.

djphinfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.