Free Agency watch: Kyle Van Noy might be the ultimate front 7 swiss army knife

12 replies

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury BoxOP
Mar 11, 2020, 02:43 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105820/article/free-agent-kyle-van-noy-views-himself-in-mold-of-tyrann-mathieu

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001105092/Kyle-Van-Noy-highlights-2019-season

"It is interesting, but I'm going to be honest, I want to be a priority for a team and I feel I have to go where someone is going to make me a priority," Van Noy said by phone this week. "I'm sure New England knows that. If that opportunity comes, it comes.

"I'll be frank, I don't see myself waiting around. I'm pretty sure those guys aren't going to wait around either. They're really good at their craft. They're at the top of the league at their position so it'll be interesting."


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 11, 2020, 03:39 PM

I would much, much rather try and focus on bringing in guys who can do one job really well, than force versitility. I understand that Flores came from New England, but I flat out don't believe that its possible to copy what they do there and bring it anywhere else with success.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2020, 04:26 PM

I liked him in BYU but i am not sure i would throw the bank at him..

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 12, 2020, 01:18 AM

What can Van Noy do that Van Ginkel can't?

Van Ginkel says NUTHIN!!!

Phin McCoolPhin McCoolForum Veteran
Mar 12, 2020, 07:25 AM

"Puka-head wrote:


Wow! That's one scary looking lady... :chuckle:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
Mar 12, 2020, 11:59 AM

I know he looks funny, but I do like Van Ginkel... I think he's a keeper


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Mar 12, 2020, 07:15 PM

I’d like to add either Van Noy or Joe Schobert Coach.

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
Mar 13, 2020, 11:54 AM

Joe Schobert is an amazing player. Love what he brings.


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Mar 14, 2020, 11:53 PM

"DOLFANMIKE wrote:

I know he looks funny, but I do like Van Ginkel... I think he's a keeper

He looked really good, or at least like he has a lot of potential, in what we saw of him at the end of the year.

I'm optimistic about him myself.

ETEtrius24Forum Veteran
Mar 15, 2020, 02:44 AM

I think the coaches love Van Ginkel

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Mar 15, 2020, 03:23 PM

Has to be other him or Schobert. Would be very happy with either..

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 16, 2020, 02:22 AM

I would be happy to see an upgrade but I really don't think our LB's are a weekness at this point. There are other needs.

ETEtrius24Forum Veteran
Mar 16, 2020, 09:19 AM

I think that an upgrade at LB can help the defense in several aspects... For example if we drafted Baun... He will get to the QB