1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free long-distance? Oh yeah, Google's going there

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by calphin, Mar 13, 2009.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

The technology world is buzzing about Google Voice, predicting it's going to eat the telecommunications world for lunch. And I've got to admit that the service sounds pretty fantastic. I'll be signing up on the first day.

In a nutshell, here's what you'll be able to do with the free program:

1. Get a single phone number that routes calls to your cell, work and home phones simultaneously.

2. Call numbers in the U.S. for free. And call internationally for ridiculously low rates -- I'm talking 2 cents a minute to China.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/03/12/free-long-distance-oh-yeah-google-s-going-there.aspx

SICK, brandon27 and cnc66 like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Google is big brother please do not use it they'll record your calls and other services are prolly doing this already

:omg:

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    damn, that sounds pretty cool. Wonder if it would be available here.. or just to the US

4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: Gap you give nutcases a bad name.

I predicted years ago that the concept of paying for long distance was going to be 100% obsolete by 2010.

I'm right on track. :yes: