1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fresh Baked Roster Turnover!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Apr 17, 2010.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Here is the roster heading into the 2007 season. Parcells took over late in the season. This roster does not include Greg Camarillo, however I think it should. Let's see who we still have remaining from that year.....

[​IMG]

Wow! Ten players remain! 11 with Camarillo.

Ronnie Brown
    Patrick Cobbs
    Greg Camarillo
    Vernon Carey
    Paul Soliai
    Channing Crowder
    Will Allen
    Jason Allen (wtf!)
    Yeremiah Bell
    Brandon Fields
    John Denney

Congrats on surviving 2 1/2 years on a Parcells team!

EDIT: Ricky Williams fits into this situation some how also. I think he played for 5 minutes in 2007.

MonstBlitz, Zeke0123, Zanno and 15 others like this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Well thats his job, turning crappy rosters upside down and filling it with a certain type of player. I was really starting to wonder about these guys until they traded for Marshall.

Can u imagine if we wouldve traded Ginn before acquiring BM? This place wouldve been a zoo.

3. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan New Member

May 3, 2008
    Wow, looking back, no wonder that team was terrible. Half of that roster is out of the league lol.

4. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    we made two of the biggets off season moves this year. i wonder how seriously we are expected to contend this season. you dont make those moves with what you think is a bad team. we have now made those moves after turning over the roster that much. as long as we do well in this draft i think we are in amazing shape.

who here could have expected the difference made this off season alone. dansby signed. marshall signed. ginn gone. nolan reaplacing paul p. each one of these moves are things that were highly sought after amongst posters here and few people actually expected any one of them to actually get done. let alone all of them.

and its not over yet. we know more people are on the trading block. the draft is still 5 days away. and more trades can be made up to the deadline.

GISH likes this.
  5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I guess this proves Parcell's means what he says when he made the statement that there was no talent on this team.
    Theres still a lot of tweaking left to do on this team.
    In the words of that great statesman, Larry the Cable Guy, "Get Er Done".

6. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    This is why when some folks get impatient with the F.O. and think that the rebuilding is taking to long I just shake my head and sigh. :up:

mdscpa, Killerphins and Tin Indian like this.
  7. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I think thats a roster before the final cuts were made to begin the season. I believe Camarillo was picked up after final cuts and ricky was on there in like november or something.

8. liljose9999

liljose9999 New Member

Feb 21, 2010
    We had Matt Prater?

9. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Damn.
    I think we all had high hopes for Gibram Hamdan.

/sarcasm

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think the first two years produced a good roster. It was a solid team with good depth but few play makers. That's why we added those two big names this off-season. You need big plays to compete and we were bottom five in that category. Dansby and Marshall are guys we're expecting to add the big plays we're missing. I wouldn't be surprised if we added more play makers early in the draft. That could mean Earl Thomas or Spiller in the first and a guy like Pitta or Graham (TE) in the second or third depending on where we move around on draft day.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah.

I don't even remember him. :confused2:

12. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    That was actually my point..I added "sarcasm" to the last post to avoid other confusion.

13. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Funny how folks keep harping on how disappointing Jason Allen and Paul Soliai have been, yet they are both still here ??

14. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    That top paragraph doesn't make any sense,my friend.
    You agree that turning around crappy rosters is his(their) job,and they are doing that.But you were wondering if this was getting done until they traded for Marshall?

I might have read this wrong or I need to put down the beer...:lol:

Larryfinfan and LandShark13 like this.
  15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    some fans are just that impatient that they are blinded by what is going on around them. you read it right and it was a fair analysis of that post :up:

16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i cant believe channing crowder has survived as bad as he is.
    talk about a guy who doesnt belong on this football team now

17. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Year one of this F.O was totally amazing. I mean each week it seemed we cut at least one person and replaced them with virtually unknowns. They worked relentlessly turning over the bottom of our roster leaving no stone unturned. As a Dolphins fan I never seen anything like it. They continued this effort in year too except it was harder to find better players to replace the ones already on the roster.

When we evaluate the F.O. let us not ever lose sight of exactly how bad we were when they took over. I love what they are doing. Are they perfect? Hell no. But when a mistake is made they generally admin it, cut the player and move on. I hate where we were and Love the direction we are heading. I mean when was the last time you could count the positions of need on this team on one hand?

18. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    He had a pretty good year in 2008. Last year sucked pretty much. I'm still hopeful the addition of Nolen/Dansby help bring him back to that form.

texanphinatic likes this.
  19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I think the front office disagrees. Not only is he still around (and starting), they gave him a new contract.

Yes, the front office has done a great job. I think most of the criticism shown towards this regime is done because a championship is the expectation in the near future. Adding Marshall sold a lot of people on the direction of the team. Season ticket sales went up by 300% after the trade.

LandShark13 likes this.
  20. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i guess the biggest question is will any of those players still be on the roster next year ...

Fields and Carey is the only ones who'll still carry a starting grades ... but i still maintian, depening upon Gardner's growth - Carey could be great trade material (1st round pick) for this year or next year.

W. Allen, Bell, Crowder and Soliai are in very important years ...

21. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I just feel bad for the guy who said his Playstation Network name was BecktoGinn.

22. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Gish your thread is misleading... you listed the full training camp roster (looks to be 80 players), before any cuts made by the 2007 regime.

23. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Interesting to see that 10 is also the number of players left over from Shula to JJ after the same amount of time (heading into 3rd season).

Dan Marino
    Bernie Parmalee
    OJ McDuffie
    Tim Ruddy
    Richmond Webb
    Tim Bowens
    Trace Armstrong
    Dwight Hollier
    Terrell Buckley
    Calvin Jackson

24. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Damn, looking at the same time period leading into 2007 bridged by Saban, there were even fewer players who made it through those three years, 7!

Chris Chambers
    Marty Booker
    Vernon Carey
    Jason Taylor
    Zach Thomas
    Derrick Pope
    Yeremiah Bell

Not much stability at all... hopefully the current group heads upward and we establish some successful consistency.