1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday August 1st Camp Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ozzy, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

No tackling is allowed but for playing in shorts they were getting some good contact pops in.

Practice was not really anything exciting but there were some good individual drills going on to get them ready for tomorrow's scrimmage.

The Qb's all had their moments.

The coaches threw the kitchen sink at Beck on one series and he was forced to throw 3 consecutive check downs. He threw one nice pass to Tedd Ginn, and another two to him as well in the red zone drill. He is still struggling a bit though, and his check downs are not the easiest passes to catch. His mid range passes are sweet though, when he is on the money. He was borderline at getting the passes off before the 3 second buzzer.

Henne threw more 6 passes (maybe 5) behind his Wr's but for the most part they were catchable passes, and caught. He also had Wilford split the seam on a post pattern and threw it slightly behind him or that was 6 points but it still was a nice play by Henne, and Wilford. I'll say a couple of things about Henne. I like his release point and he throws and excellent long ball. Mostly nice spirals, and with good but not too high of an arc to them. He surely has what it takes to be an NFL Qb. Good mechanics, and nice catchable passes. The one knock I've seen is he locks onto his Wr's a lot. Now I might be wrong because it might be designed this way but on some plays he never turns his head and just watches the Wr run his route. I am taking a liking to his poise too. He's got a ways to go but for the little time he's had in an NFL camp I'm going to offer up some praise for him. He was getting his throws off within the 3 second buzzer for the most part.

McCown threw a pass just a tad out in front of Lymon, who made an outstanding one handed grab. He also made a couple of real nice throws on very tough out patterns. He had troubles on a few of his passe at getting the ball in the air before the 3 second buzzer. But I would say he had the cleaner passes caught today but threw less than the other two.

A couple of quick who is impressing me notes and I'm off to eat.

Bess tops my list. He has not dropped ONE pass in all three practices that I've attended. His hands are some of the softest I've seen at camp, and his route running seems to come very natural.

Hagan probably deserves to be on top but I just had to go with the underdog. He's impressing me more and more. He's always ran nice routes but I think he's even improved that from last year, and I'm seeing him make all the catches he was dropping last year.

Ginn is really getting off the line, and using his speed and quickness to do so. He made some nice catches today.

Vernon Carey has been stellar, and quietly having the best camp of all the lineman. I've seen one sack given up, and that's it.

Ferguson is a wall, and that's probably an understatement.

Merling has impressed me with his initial burst off the ball.

Ricky is really impressive and especially so for all the time he's missed the last few years.

Donald Thomas was not starting for my first two practices but today, I watched him a lot. He's really quick off the snap, and get his head on a swivel quickly. He has a lot of pop in his initial contact, and his footwork is pretty smooth. He really impressed me when they used him pulling to the left side, and especially good with his vision when he's helping double someone. He was out with Carey on one play and here comes a LB trying to fly past the both of them in a nice sized hole between Thomas, and Satele who was locked up with Ferguson. Thomas saw the Lb flying in, and at the last second released his help with Carey, and was right in front of the blitzing Lb. Now Thomas waiting until the last second so the Lb got a good hit on him, but Thomas did not budge, and drove the Lb to the left, and out of the play.

Well, it's getting a little late and I need food so maybe I'll come back later and add some more.

I also really really want to go to the scrimmage tomorrow but I'm going out night fishing as well, and I need to do two things to my boat so if I can get them done early enough, maybe I can make it up there. No promises but I'll try for sure.

2. HugeFinFan

HugeFinFan Woopsy Daisy!

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Thanks Ozzy! Great stuff as always.

Ozzy likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Please Ozzy, go to the scrimmige...please

Ozzy likes this.
  4. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.
    Ozzy,I've always enjoyed your TC reports.Thanks man

Ozzy likes this.
  5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    great stuff Ozzy. thx for the work

Ozzy likes this.
  6. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

thanks ozzy

Ozzy likes this.
  7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Awesome stuff Ozzy.

I trust you much more than any of these hacks hired by the news outlets in S. FL. to give us reliable, unbiased and intellectual reports about what's going on. I don't think it's a stretch to say there are many others on these boards that feel the same way. THANK YOU!

YOU should be being paid to report for the news outlets.

8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks Ozzy. Great job bro.

Ozzy likes this.
  9. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    anxiously await your next summary Ozzy. Thanks for all the good work!

Ozzy likes this.
  10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    awesome report ozzy! greatly appreciated!!

Im going to be really surprised if Bess is not on our final roster. Also, im loving hearing all this great praise for Hagan this year. Hopefully he's finally got it. Also nice to hear that our QB's had good days, as well as nice to hear Ginn making some plays.

Cant wait for that first preseason game!

11. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN

I second that emotion!:hi5:

Ozzy likes this.
  12. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks Brother Ozzy for your time and work!:up:

Ozzy likes this.