1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fringe RENEWED for season 5!

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Jt0323, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Paul 13 likes this.
  2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    one of my favorites. Glad to see it's getting a true ending and not being cut midway thru. And they said when it moved to Fridays it had no shot.

Jt0323 likes this.
  3. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    what I am hearing is that the Show was actually canceled in the alternate universe. This Universe one, Alternate universe 0... But they do have the 2012 Super Bowl Champs Miami Dolphins over there...

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That show has a cool story. Bro.

5. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Awesome!

6. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    after watching the season finale this year, it seemed as if they added that very last scene (the one with the observer telling Bishop that "they are coming") after they knew it had been extended. I mean everything up until that point seemed as if it was the end. Olivia telling Peter she was pregnant in the hospital with the other two main characters in the room smiling (it was a happy ending :shifty:).

Personally, the show for me has gone downhill the last year and a half. The writing has just been all over the place. Peter still hasn't found his way "home" to his universe that we experienced the first 3 seasons or so. For some reason I thought the current universe would revert back to the original universe because they were so close... but it never happened. Although Olivia did fall in love with Peter. There were a lot of similarities between the two versions. Dr Bishop was in the mental hospital with part of his brain cut out on purpose. It seemed everyone else on the show was in their usual role. Unlike the first alternate universe, with Dr Bishop being the evil secretary of state or whatever he was.

I suppose we did get a sneak peak into next season if that is what the writers intended with that future episode (where we were introduced to Peter and Olivia's daughter). They are coming must be the observers to take over the planet? That would be a cool way to go at least.

7. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Well... the finale was last night. I suppose if you are reading this you will have already watched it (like I just did). So I won't use spoiler tags.

The ending for me was kinda meh... Whenever a storyline brings time travel into the fold, alternate universes, etc... it becomes a fairy tale at that point. Hard to follow. You can truly make **** up as you go along. I mean, I'm glad I got to see the end rather than the show being cancelled. From that aspect, I'm happy. And I'm not surprised it ended the way that it did. I guess I just wanted more at the end. Although I don't know really what more they could have done to explain things. I don't understand however how Walter knew he'd have to sacrifice himself in the future so he sent Peter a message (the letter) in the past. And the video tapes that he made for the plan and for Peter (where he explained what the letter was) is not going to mean anything to the "reset" Peter. All he knows is that Walter mysteriously disappears. Am I missing something there?

JJ Abrams really has a boner for father son relationships though doesn't he?

8. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Yeah I wasnt a fan of this season, found it really confusing. Loved the show though. I wish they did more with the alternate universe. Thats when I really felt like they were strong. Loved the whole idea and wish they did more with it.