1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the scrimmage...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    today's unofficial quarterback stats:

Keep in mind that, according to my unofficial count, the bulk of the work for Tannehill was against second string. Moore mostly went against first string. Garrard started out going against second string, had some work against first. And Devlin was mostly going against scrubs. All four quarterbacks threw touchdowns. Garrard started out first team offense vs second team defense. The drive ended in a field goal. 11 plays for 53 yards or something like that. Moore came on next... second team offense vs first team defense.... After Moore's disappointing work against first team defense (first three drives were three and outs for Moore) the crowd was chanting "We want Ryan". Tannehill came in next, threw two straight deep passes. First was barely overthrown. Second was a PI to Johnson. (but there was also holding on the offense). Tannehill didn't get a first down that first drive. It was against second team. Tannehill's second drive vs the second team d, he completed six passes in a row. And it ended in a TD to Fasano. First TD of the day directed by the rook.

Only about 3,000 fans showed up today :pity: I don't care if it's that hot, that's awful.

I went thru all the local media tweets. Don't see anything noteworthy regarding injuries from today.

Koa Misi seemed to have a solid day making a number of plays.

Anthony Fasano caught two touchdowns and IIRC had the long touchdown of the day.

Tannehill was masterful according to all reports. Again the asterisk here though is that most of his work was first team offense vs second team defense. But he's looking good and I can't wait to see him in some preseason action! The TD throw he made to Fasano was off a play action broken play... he created it. That's something we badly needed at the position.

Disnardo, Sceeto, ATLFINFAN and 15 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Seam pass down the middle, over the linebackers in the breadbasket, I've been saying this pass is one of his strengths..he throws it beautifully, also once again, he's just filthy on the move..both directions.

Koa continuing his good camp.

3. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    add'l stats from the Sentinel.

Receiving

Chad Johnson 5-42

Legedu Naanee 5-38 TD

Anthony Fasano 3-39 2TDs

Sacks – Koa Misi, Jared Odrick and Cameron Wake

Sceeto and Bpk like this.
  4. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    well, that's more than 3,000. :yes:

dolfan32323 and Mcduffie81 like this.
  5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayuuum... Pouncey looks like he's bulked up in the anchor area... DJ, thoughts on that? :shifty:

[​IMG]

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Yes, Assman give us a feel for Pounceys toilet-cushion.

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

A couple drops from CJ though

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Let the controversy begin.

Bpk likes this.
  9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well Pauly, now that you mentioned it, I've talked about his weak bubble in the past and how I felt that he needed to do some target strength training on that puppy..man needs a nice combination of heavy squats alternated with some plyometrics..

Paul 13 and Bpk like this.
  10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

LMAO!!! :sidelol: You can be sure the visual inspection of Pouncey's bubble is well underway. :yes:

Paul 13 and Mcduffie81 like this.
  11. MrClean

DJ! I am disappointed. Nothing develops a bubble better than deadlifts, especially straight leg deadlifts. :up:

12. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Where do you find these birds?

13. MrClean

When you are a spry old stud such as MrClean, the birds find you. :yes:

14. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    This one is nice, but......................the other one was better. :wink2:

Just sayin'............from one old timer to another.

gafinfan, ToddPhin and MrClean like this.
  15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Pouncey is so bad that he has a aura encircling him! :shifty:

16. MrClean

She was embarrassed by the inferences that she maybe someone of the 3rd gender. So decided to retire. The current young lady has a clean wholesome look. The kind of girl a fella could bring home to meet his mother. :)

17. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Her hairline is suspect

18. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Basically, there's a need for an inspector of sorts?

Where do I email my resume again?

Bpk and MrClean like this.
  19. MrClean

You were under consideration for inspector, but we didn't want to get ya into trouble with your missus. So, the duty will probably fall to DJ, or our new exciting forum member phinsational...

Bpk and ToddPhin like this.
  20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    your old school big C, dead lifts, strait legged, unnecessary stress on the lower back, and that exercise really ties the glute into The hamstring, more like a finishing exercise.. when you need a combination of growing the glute while creating explosiveness out of the stance, I'll stick to a routine that keeps him feeling strong, yet agile and explosive.

Bpk likes this.
  21. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    If Tannehill starts week three preseason or is named the starter for reg season, have to think Moore or Gerrard is traded or released. Also could keep two qbs on 53 only and put Devlin on PS

22. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Sorry bro, but after a Friday night out, folks probably not jumping to get up at 6:30 am to sweat their balls off at a scrimmage. This after Philbin moved it up an hour. I think it'd do much better at night.

Moore was basically setup to fail this morning. Toughest road to hoe. I think he's the only guy at risk. Garrard is locked in IMO because he's a better for the offense and he's been the best.

Paul 13 and Bpk like this.
  23. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I think Devlin is 3rd string, loser of Moore and Garrard gets traded or cut!

Bpk and PhinsRDbest like this.
  24. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I got to agree with Muck here, If the scrimmage was in the evening like last year I would have gone.

25. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    It's in 3D so DJ can get a better view of his ***

Bpk, MrClean and padre31 like this.
  26. MrClean

Old Mr C has a pretty decent bubble and gained mainly from deadlifts with a Gerard Trap Bar, and wide stance squats before that. I used to do a lot of straight leg dead lifts, but never went too heavy. I think that's where you get into trouble on that movement. Better to just add reps IMO. I never took the SLDL above 205 for like 15-20. Just go slow and take the bar down to touch my shoe tops. Keep the back arched, stretch those hammies. Don't ever bow the back. The Gerard DL I kept the reps lower and would push the weight as much as I could. Never use a kidney belt unless doing a 1RM. Do them in stocking feet or thin flat soled shoes. Never wear shoes with padded soles and/or ones that have the heel higher than then toes. After any DL workout either hang upside down with gravity boots or do some slow Roman Chair situps as far back as you can go. Decompress the disks in the low back. I used to date this one black chick back in the day who loved my butt. She said it was like a black butt. I attribute it to the straight leg deadlifts.

:up:

:bighug:

ToddPhin likes this.
  27. MrClean

Good chance you are right, but I do NOT agree with them doing it. No matter who starts I'd keep all 3. Perhaps right before the trade deadline some desperate team may give us a better draft pick than usual for whichever of the 2 vets isn't starting. That's assuming all 3 are healthy at that time.

ToddPhin likes this.
  28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'll be the judge of your ***...Sir... pics, or it doesn't exist..

when we're talking about the center position, the mobility that the position requires, especially in a zone scheme, the explosiveness needed, I'm gonna train that dude with specialized exercises that build the muscles that help him with position specifics, starting with the anchor, the squat actually mimics the movement of him coming out of a stance, some plyometrics to finish to exhaust.

Bpk, ToddPhin and MrClean like this.
  29. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I was about to jump on you! :D

Good fired up crowd today. Was proud of how excited our fan base was. We heckled the sh*t outta a Pats fan too for good measure! Everyone was buzzing when Tannehill took the field, and he didn't disappoint.

30. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I was there (my only chance to see the Dolphins live until December), and Tannehill looked very good. He was, as Paul mentioned, going against the backups the entire time, but by my count he only threw one bad ball (that should have been picked). The highlight of the day was on a play when it was a designed screen, but the back fell down, he scrambled away from the defender bearing down on him and threw a strike downfield on the run to a streaking Fasano for what was about a 40 yard TD. Moore looked pretty bad out there. Threw a poor pick on one of his first throws and just never really looked in sync. Garrard was up and down.

Despite a couple of drops, Chad Johnson looked good and clearly was the WR all 3 QBs were looking for. Naanee was also solid. I thought that Lamar Miller made the most of his touches and had a really nice return in what I think was his only one of the day.

Paul 13, Bpk, ToddPhin and 3 others like this.
  31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    There was over 8,000 reported.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  32. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    For what it's worth the bad throw 24/7 was mentioning came out of Tannehills hand very wobbly. He was shaking his hand afterwards (I would guess sweaty hands). It was so hot!

33. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Maybe the reason why he is having trouble with shotgun snaps?:wink2:

34. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Poor Pat Devlin. Nobody even mentioned that he had a really keen touchdown throw to Rishard Matthews at one point.

Bpk likes this.
  35. MrClean

We shouldn't feel too sorry for him. With the talk that the loser of the Garrard-Moore dual will be moving on, there is a decent chance he'll be the #3.

sports24/7 likes this.
  36. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    ..... but when you turned around, it was all white. :lol:

:shifty:

MrClean likes this.
  37. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    [​IMG]

<Message sponsored by KB21> :shifty:

sandcastle and Bpk like this.
  38. bg12dm13cp10

bg12dm13cp10 New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Looks like Devlin was the best qb today: 8/10, 107yds, 1TD. I know he wasn't playing against the best defense, yet neither was he playing with the best offense. Even though...very accurate...moves the ball...protects the ball...

39. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Aren't you in your thirties or something?

40. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    So basically, Pat Devlin is better than any Jest qb...by a lot.

Sent from my iPhone

Gunner likes this.