1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Office Football (other)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphin25, Nov 20, 2023.

1. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Was wondering if anyone else has played FOF? Ive played it for years and years, like over 100 FOF seasons. It is a text based simulation game where you are the GM\owner\coach\everything of a team. You set ticket prices, draft players, sign FA, restructure contracts, if you really really want you can call the plays on offense and defense. I let my hired coaches do that. FOF9 was recently released and I purchased it and started playing.

First season Dolphins won the FOF bowl. Tua was still on base contract and Hill, and the guys were still under the salary cap of the season, might have been last seasons salary cap.

Next season Dolphins won again. Tua was league MVP and lit it up with over 6000 yards and 58 TD's. Had to trade X and cut some guys to get enough cash to fill out a roster. One receiver went over 2k yards receiving.

3rd season lost to Chiefs in AFC conference championship game. Tua got hurt in that game. Had to release most of the team to get Tua the franchise money. Gone were Ramsey, Hill, Waddle, Chubb, Phillips. Could not resign the 2k receiver as he was asking for more then i could afford.

4th season, wheels are off the team currently 2-7 and offense and defense are terrible. Tua is out with a wrist injury for 8 weeks. 50 million in dead cap room for the season. Tua contract eating up 52 million of salary cap. Roster does not look totally terrible, but not enough star power.

Anyway, for 30 bucks it is an enjoyable time eater.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I played it many years ago, during the Wanny era. I enjoyed it for what it was, and at the time it offered a layer of depth that Madden and other games did not. But it was basically playing around with an interactive Excel spread sheet.

3. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    It's pretty cool. Game is much the same, but of course different :) so many many choices and options to make and take. Really helps in grasping the salary caps and such things.