1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS/SS James Ackel Adams State Grizzlies

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DOLFANMIKE, Apr 24, 2013.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    [​IMG]
    I have a former player that may get drafted this weekend. I helped him get into Adams State after he ran into some dead ends trying to find college placement after his senior year.

I shared this in another post but thought I'd give it a thread so all of you can put some positive vibes towards James this weekend while the draft goes on. James Ackel is a former player of mine that overcame a whole bunch of family adversity growing up, including having to take care of an extremely ill mother during his high school years as well as dealing with some other challenges with his Dad.
    Positive thoughts and prayers for Adams State Safety James Ackel. He posted something to me on facebook today that was pretty special. I really appreciated his post:

James Ackel posted on your timeline:
    "Boy ill tell ya. Codi is getting huge and he is only a sophomore?!?! Skys the limit for that kid. I just wanted to drop by and say congrats to all your success as a coach. I knew it was only a matter of time before you instilled your smarts within your own program. I also wanted to say Thank You. Thank you for being one of the only people to believe in me out of high school. Although I have not made it yet, I just wanted to say the thought of this wouldnt be possible without you. When I had one person telling me it was over for me because i was too small and the wrong colored skin, i had another in my corner willing to fight and that was you. You are a great man Mike McGuire. I really wish you and your family the best and wish you to have a long successful coaching career. Thanks again for everything. -James Ackel"
    http://www.facebook.com/mike.mcguire...00990529584643

2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    That was very nice of him, best of luck in the draft.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I hope he gets selected somewhere. Thanks to you for being a positive role model too.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.