1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full 2018 Miami Dolphins Draft Picks & Review

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Patster1969

Patster1969 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I'm from the UK Hoops, so have never played & know nothing about the subtleties of the game - it probably has a proper name but couldn't think what it was (I know that picks are illegal but that is the kind of thing I meant) :smile:

Hoops likes this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I do not agree with this. Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Jimmy Graham are all abysmal blocking tight ends and that did not have much of an effect on their careers.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, no offense to Pauly, but I too completely disagree here. I've mentioned several times how I think he will be used and why he was drafted. He wasn't drafted to be a more classic on the line blocking TE. I mean, if he can't go up and high point several balls nor prove to be a match up nightmare for DBs nor prove to be any kind of red zone threat, but, at times, he proves to be a decent or sufficient blocker, that to me, would look like a bust.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't understand this- they still had some good years or even careers, but at the end of the day their blocking still hurt their teams.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    They weren't busts or bad players.

Sceeto likes this.
  6. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I am asduming that the critics are correct and his blocking is abysmal. The guys mentioned got their blocking up to Barely adequate. That’s all Gisecki needs to do, but if he is a complete liability in blocking then he will bo too one dimensional to be an effective TE.
    I am not saying he needs to be good or great, barely adequate is all he needs to be. Anything more will be a bonus.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That’s correct Pauly and an excellent comment, and that’s why a couple of us keep bringing it up and looking deeper into it...If I thought that what I see from him at the college level could become adequate I wouldn’t care so much, but unfortunately I have 0 confidence in him becoming anything but a complete liability against pro level talent..

There are just certain movements that are so functionally and athletically uncoordinated, so timid, it almost looks like there is a deep anxiety embbeded in his brain..

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see Gesicki's blocking as any worse than the other guys mentioned. In fact, IMO some of the others were clearly worse. It was a non-issue (or at worst a minor issue) for them and I don't see any reason to believe it will be any different for Gesicki.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  9. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I'd be more worried about other parts of his game than his blocking. jimmy graham can't block a lick. he's made a living/lasted as long as he has in the league doing something else. gesicki is going to have to also.