1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FUNNIEST Player Profile I've EVER read!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ToddsPhins, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Oh man!!!!..... wiping the tears away after reading this profile so I have to share it with ya'll!! If you haven't peed in a while, I recommend doing so first and spare yourself the mistake I made. LOL. Courtesy of TheHuddleReport. Disclaimer: this do no means I agree or disagree with the assessment, but I appreciate the humor of it none the less.

Navarro Bowman LB Penn St

TALENT BOARD
    Round 5

STRENGTHS
    Navarro looks good in his uniform when he is on the field. He has decent speed and looks like he might be able to change directions if he moved more often. Navorro's white uniform looks the same from the beginning of the game until the end...white. He is adept at not getting any smudges or green spots on his uniform all during the game. Navorro played for a college team that is very smart in marketing its players for the draft every year. He does an excellent job running a play down and watching a teammate tackle the player he is running down. All of these factors should be taken into consideration when you profile a player like Navarro.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
    Although Navarro looks good in his uniform, he does not play well in his uniform. He shows no interest in tackling anyone, which might be a bit of a negative when evaluating a LB. He shows no interest in taking on a block so that others can make the tackle. He likes to defend against the pass in zone coverage, but that nasty tackling problem rears it ugly head once the player he is covering catches a pass. To simplify things -- Navarro looks the part of a college LB, but does not play the part of a college LB. Therefore, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that he will not play that part any better at the next level either.

BOTTOM LINE
    Maybe Navarro will wow them at the combine and make it into the top 100, but I pity the team that drafts him that high. The smartest thing that Navarro can do is what Aaron Maybin (DE/OLB Bills) did last year. Don't work out, leak that you gained weight, leak that you are faster than you are, don't sign your contract until the team that drafts you is desperate and after training camp is almost over. Then, come into camp out of football-shape happy and live for the rest of your life as a person who fooled everyone in the draft... but me. Oh yeah, and burn all the tapes of every game you have played in. Don't worry about me, I will beat my head against the wall and poke my eye out with a stick and scream at the team that drafted you, but I will survive. I will turn the page and move on with one word on my lips to the team that drafts you in the top 100, "SUCKER!"

:sidelol: :sidelol:

MrClean and thejetssuck like this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Funny since Bowman had more solo tackles the past two years than Angerer (according to espn.com).

Leading the team with 93 tackles and 17 tfl sure makes it look like Bowman can't tackle though (even though he missed 3 games). The only thing funny about the evaluation is how bad it is.

skippysphins and MikeHoncho like this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Between the two I'd rather have Angerer. I mean how can you pass on that name?

GISH and MikeHoncho like this.
  4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Maybe Angerers brother wrote this.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Possibly

6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Guys please respect the work Griddles did.

MrClean, GISH and dolphan117 like this.
  7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Sorry Stitch.... nothing against you or your boys from my end. I'm not agreeing with it one way or another.... just thought it was a pretty funny profile to read in general if you take all partiality out. lol.

8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If I had paid for draft profiles I don't know that I would find it that funny if I was expecting an actual profile.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    It was only $9.99 so I wasn't that upset. LOL. I just wished it was about a different player so you could appreciate the humor, too. It was funny to me b/c I was completely not expecting it.

GISH likes this.
  10. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    No offense, but I don't see any disrespect here. Stitches pulled up some stats which seem to present an alternate reality, and called it a bad report in his opinion.

He never said anything disrespectful about the author.

As for TP, he found the report amusing, which is not that surprising considering the pithy comments contained therein.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Good points. However, it was a joke.

PhinGeneral likes this.
  12. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    :yes: Griddles is a Big Iowa fan and Stitches a Penn State fan. It was ment for humor but i failed

ToddsPhins likes this.
  13. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol:
    Not if at least a couple people got it. :wink2:

Skeet84 likes this.
  14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I had that same problem with the OP. Guess I'm the only idiot who laughed their arse off at it. :loser:

Skeet84, MrClean and GISH like this.