1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny...Marlins playing on the football field

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Didn't want to start a thread for this, but I had to. Had espn on and there were Marlins/Braves highlights. They basically just put the dirt diamond back on and left the football field. The print of the lines, dashes and numbers are there, but aren't white and mostly faded. The funny part is above second base is the giant midfield Dolphins logo, somewhat faded but very noticeable. And along the 3rd baseline is the "MIAMI" end zone print, again faded but noticeable. I'm sure you can see the other one somewhere in the outfield as well. The only thing missing were the Dolfan Bandits. The home team lost though...so that was the same as well.

I just thought it was so funny...they aren't even bothering to get rid of anything for the final week of Marlins home games. They are just so ready to put the football field down for good. They're basically saying, "just please get the **** out already." I'm surprised they took down the border that goes around the stadium walls. That must take little time. Would've been funny if they left some of it up.

Fund a video - http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=15465791&c_id=fla&topic_id=

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    It's always like that when the NFL season starts.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    By the way, am I the only one who thought the field on Sunday looked really bad? Like, it looked like the grass was dead. It's never looked that way to me in all the years I've been watching.

4. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

The Canes playing there Saturday night may had something to do with it.

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Yeah it was from the Canes, it looked better when they played on it. That field is taking a beating this week.

And damn I didn't know it looked like that every year, don't watch much baseball so I've never seen the field like that before, so still funny to me. Haven't seen a Marlins game during football season since Marlins-Yankees World Series, they must have cleaned it up for that I'm sure. I did see the rumored new Marlins logo on the CBS Sports website...if it's real what the hell were they thinking? Looks like they hired the awful Oklahoma City Thunder people to make it. And the new colors...they must have picked Blue & Orange then realized those are Mets colors so they added Yellow randomly. I like their current logo/scheme.

6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

This team seriously just needs some tight management. It just feels in disarray.

Not the football product mind you. Just some of things done in the franchise aspect.

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

It should be much better as the season goes on. Playing two days in a row on a field that has barely had time to grow roots from the constant changing of the baseball infield has a lot to do with it.

8. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    When that stadium opened that was one nice field to play on.Over the years and with the Canes and the Marlins playing there it appears to be one of the worst by the time football season starts.At least now the the Marlins getting there own ballpark things could improve.