G Donald Thomas "ready to go"

29 replies

JAJacksonNew MemberOP
Jul 29, 2009, 08:15 PM

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/07/29/g-donald-thomas-im-ready-to-go/

“It wasn’t torn. It wasn’t right, I’ll put it like that,” he said. “But it happened during the spring, it’s healed up nicely, and we should be ready to go for the season.”

Great to hear he is finally healthy and even better news that it wasn't torn. We could have a great line this year with some depth to boot

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jul 29, 2009, 08:17 PM

Thank goodness.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jul 29, 2009, 08:19 PM

Hopefully, I'm as large a D Thomas fan as there is, but "ready to go" and "100%" are different things.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Jul 29, 2009, 08:21 PM

Might not be 100% Padre, but I will take ready to go over NOT ready to go at this juncture in the season :up:

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jul 29, 2009, 08:22 PM

It doesn't matter. He is still unproven. He showed talent, and lots of it, but hasn't translated that to an actual game yet.

I am optimistic, but not overly so like so many. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jul 29, 2009, 08:24 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Might not be 100% Padre, but I will take ready to go over NOT ready to go at this juncture in the season :up:

Well, to be honest I'd prefer if he rehabbed the thing and built his strength back up rather then playing at 80% and in poor conditioning if that makes sense?

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Jul 29, 2009, 08:27 PM

Totally agreed on all fronts padre.

Now I'm curious what the injury actually was.

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Jul 29, 2009, 08:38 PM

I just opened a cold longneck after reading this.

TRTrackstarLuxury Box
Jul 29, 2009, 08:51 PM

Aw man you beat me too it! :up: :lol:

Good to hear though!

dolphan117dolphan117Luxury Box
Jul 29, 2009, 08:53 PM

So if he didn't tear it then what happened that was serious enough for him to miss this much time? I am not an expert in muscle damage.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Jul 29, 2009, 09:25 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

It doesn't matter. He is still unproven. He showed talent, and lots of it, but hasn't translated that to an actual game yet.

I am optimistic, but not overly so like so many. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play.

Actually, he made quite an impression on the New York Jets in Week 1 last year. Remember, he finished that game despite tearing that Lisfranc in the second quarter. ;) Their lineman we're giving him all kinds of props after the game.

Hopefully he's over this rash of injury and can prove he's a mainstay. Otherwise he could be another John Bock.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Jul 29, 2009, 09:51 PM

This is such great news. I'm sure they staff will treat it right. I"m glad he's ready to go to say the least.

If he can bring that small sample size of what he did against the jests for a full year, that would be huge for our line's dominance.

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Jul 29, 2009, 10:17 PM

It's great news he'll be ready to go. I was a little worried about not having our best RG prospect on the field at the start of training camp. If he can avoid a setback, this might be bigger than any of us know just yet.

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

ANAnonymousSupporter
Jul 29, 2009, 10:37 PM

Great News. I'm anxious to watch him play this season.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jul 29, 2009, 11:34 PM

"Muck wrote:

Actually, he made quite an impression on the New York Jets in Week 1 last year. Remember, he finished that game despite tearing that Lisfranc in the second quarter. ;) Their lineman we're giving him all kinds of props after the game.

Hopefully he's over this rash of injury and can prove he's a mainstay. Otherwise he could be another John Bock.

You and your technicalities. I did a few courses in statistics. One game is not a big enough sample size to draw any conclusions. :tongue2: You are correct though. I forgot the comments made by the Jets.

Heck, even Ginn looked good in one game last season (BUF). Just kidding, that was a joke, please masses, don't harass me. :up:

Jul 30, 2009, 12:17 AM

this is the best news all off season!

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jul 30, 2009, 08:02 AM

Excellent news, we need this kid to work with the starting OL all through TC, get that familiarity going.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Jul 30, 2009, 08:23 AM

I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic about Thomas. His big weakness is lower body strength, which he was probably unable to fully work on this offseason due to his foot injury. Now he has a weakness in his pec. An area of his biggest asset, upper body strength. His story at CONN makes me a big fan, so I've got my fingers crossed.

ZAZach13Forum Veteran
Jul 30, 2009, 09:54 AM

This is great news.

I really hope for both his sake and that of the team that he can stay healthy for a while.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jul 30, 2009, 01:39 PM

the Orca-5
Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey
the KillerWhales will eat defense alive:up:

as goes the front line goes our 2009 season:yes:may every expectation be realized!

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2009, 01:53 PM

"the 23rd wrote:

the Orca-5
Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey
the KillerWhales will eat defense alive:up:

as go es the front line goes our 2009 season:yes:may every expectation be realized!

I believe that if Thomas works out everyone next year will be singing the praises of Carey.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jul 30, 2009, 01:59 PM

My prayers go out to the middle of our line. If those 3 can stay healthy I'm extremely happy.

ZAZach13Forum Veteran
Jul 30, 2009, 02:21 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

My prayers go out to the middle of our line. If those 3 can stay healthy I'm extremely happy.

Any team with a good O line will be a good team. It all starts up front.

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Jul 30, 2009, 02:36 PM

I just pray that he and the rest of the line would be strong and dominate...not letting nothing get past them.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jul 31, 2009, 03:45 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

I believe that if Thomas works out everyone next year will be singing the praises of Carey.

I agree. Carey is the PanCake Monster, the other bookend of what will come to be an elite offensive line.

worth repeating:
the Orca-5
Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey
the KillerWhales will eat defense alive

as goes the front line goes our 2009 seasonmay every expectation be realized!

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -