1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gabe Ikard!!..OC// Solutions For The 2014 Dolphins OL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Phoenician Fan, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football...ive-line-all-a-little-heavier/article/3866411

Good interview. Seems like a humble and fun guy for a brainiac.

Why post about a center prospect? I'm the guy who still believes moving Pouncey to guard would be a ++ move. I'm not saying Pouncey isn't a great center. I'm saying Pouncey is a great OL! and I believe he could be an all-pro guard. Some say if it ain't broke don't fix it, but it is broke. Again, not blaming Pouncey for anything, just saying in this case change may be a better way to go. As far as continuity goes..............who would really want to continue this.

The OL this year has been sooooo bad, I would change everything and everybody especially Jim Turner.

Ikard is a converted TE/basketball player. Very athletic for an interior lineman.

He is also a first team Academic All-American with 4.0 grade point.http://newsok.com/article/3777816

He is being projected mid rounds. NFLdraftscout.com has him going in the 5th round right now. I expect that to change if he stays healthy.http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90224&draftyear=2014&genpos=C

He was pretty light like a lot of TE converts, but he has added weight and improved his strength this year. He is up to 304 and says he is moving better at the increased weight with the conditioning program his coaches put him on last offseason.

If Ikard is still there in the 5th I think he would be an absolute steal.

My dream is that the Dolphins could acquire Jared Veldheer LT and Jon Asamoah RG in free agency and add Cameron Erving RT and C Ikard in the draft resulting in this OL:

LT.........Jared Veldheer,Jon Martin
    LG.........Mike Pouncey,Dallas Thomas
    C..........Gabe Ikard
    RG.........Jon Asamoah,Danny Watkins
    RT.........Cameron Erving........................Matt Hall on the practice squad

It wouldn't leave much cap room to fill the defensive roster but if Grimes and Soliai are brought back that should be enough.

My draft would go something like this:
    1st..................Lache Seastrunk RB

Trade up back into the first round giving our 2nd and sacrificing our 2015 1st round pick.

1st.................Cameron Erving RT
    3rd.................Trey Millard FB..............More ammo for the run game.
    4th...Trade down add a 5th and 6th
    4th.................Ikard
    5th.................Max Bullough LB
    5th.................Caraun Reid DT
    6th...Trade up...Keon Lyn CB

I'd like to see more base 3-4 sets with Wheeler benched and Ellerbe moved to the, Will, and Bullough the thumper. Wake and Jordan on the outside with Soliai,Odrick and ?? Jay Ratliff/Reid/ up front.

2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    So you wanna move the NFL's best center to LG, spend a 1st & 2nd rounder on a RT, and start two rookies? For real? Fo shizzle?

Fin D likes this.
  3. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    It wouldn't work anyway. Everyone is starting to notice Erving now, and the season is only half over. Looks like he is headed to the top 15 at least. In fact, both Seastrunk and Erving could end up going very early. If the Rams are serious about staying with Bradford, they have the Redskins pick as well as their own.

Ikard will probably end up going in the 3rd round.

RB is a far bigger deal than most Dolfans are admitting. There is nothing in free agency. It tops out with McFadden who has never played a full season. In fact he has hasn't even played half what he could have if healthy. Jones-Drew is worn out, and Ben Tate?? is going to be another over-paid bust IMO.