1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galloway signs with Pats

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by late again, Mar 14, 2009.

1. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'm sure it will bite us in the *** somehow :pity:

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    It's not like he's starting as a #1 or #2. He'd be a 3rd WR at best and frankly worth a shot at this stage.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    You know the guy is only 2 seasons removed from a 1,000 yards and can still run faster than any DB we have. I wouldnt call it a bad move by any means.

5. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    How can you be sure about this? He's coming off of a serious foot injury.
    He's 37 and will be 38 this year.
    I think there's a better chance that he's going to further decline rather than regain his old form.
    Ten years ago...different story. But again he's going to turn 38 this year.
    I think they'll cut him before the season starts.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

He has been coming off injuries his whole career.

Ofcourse he will not be as good as he was 10 years ago, but assuming he is healthy he is going to be paired with the best WR combo in the NFL. If he is healthy no way on earth he gets cut.

7. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    That's kind of my point....the older you get the longer it takes to recover from any injury. It's more likely that he'll be a nonfactor than it is for him to be a factor.
    Plus I think at this point in his career it's awfully presumptuous to say he's still faster than any of our DBs

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Trust me I hope your right and Im 100% wrong but if he is healthy he can make gamechanging plays still, maybe not consistently but if he is healthy not only will he make the team he will be the #3 WR.

9. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I know what you're saying brother.
    I guess I'm looking at it as being similar to some of their other recent signings.
    John Lynch - cut before regular season last year.
    Seau and Colvin - brought in last year in the middle of the year as last resorts.
    Regardless...time will tell. :hi5:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  10. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Joey is definitely faster then any of our DBs.

i live in Buc land and i watched Joey play. his speed is still ridiculous and i wouldnt doubt if hes still top 5 in the NFL in terms of speed. even at times when his hamstring was giving him problems(yes, not healthy) he would blow by everyone easily. he really isnt quite the same receiver all around, but his speed is still there, and with noodle arm Garcia there it really took away from his game. this is a dangerous signing. If he gets injured it doesnt hurt the pats, if he plays over 10 games its a steal IMO.