1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game balls

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Big Red, Dec 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    This thread is to single out excellent performances by NFL prospects in this year's bowl games. I'll start.

The first game ball goes to Ryan Matthews from Fresno State. He got injured in the first half of the New Mexico Bowl versus Wyoming but showed his toughness by returning to the game. Racked up a ton of yards and rushed for 2 touchdowns. There were a couple of negatives. Matthews fumbled in the 4th quarter and couldn't punch it in from the 1-yard line in OT but his defense and offensive line did not help him out much. Overall the positives far outweighed the negatives.

Impressive performance by the junior who declared for the draft shortly after the game.

Big E likes this.
  2. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    In the Hawaii Bowl my game ball goes to Emmanuel Sanders. The wideout from SMU. Very explosive. SMU's top playmaker on offense and he didn't disappoint. He dropped a pass which I wasn't crazy about but he more than made up for it by constantly moving the chains and scoring a touchdown. Plus he could contribute right away as a return man. Not just an average return man either. He has a ton of potential in that regard.

Level of competition is a concern and Sanders did have some off-field issues so his attitude could be an issue but I'm sure Ireland and Parcells can suss that out. From a talent perspective I believe he is definitely worth one of our 6th or 7th round picks.

RB Vai Taua from Nevada didn't play.

3. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    In the Music City Bowl my game ball goes to my new favorite player DeAndre McDaniel. The safety from North Carolina. I really hope this kid declares because he could be the answer for us at safety. I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks into the 1st round.

It almost goes without saying that CJ Spiller gets a game ball too. :whistling: DT Corey Peters from Kentucky deserves honorable mention. Is he a potential nose tackle for us?

4. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    In the Meineke Car Care Bowl my game ball goes to Greg Romeus. The defensive end from Pitt. I know Ireland and Parcells like 'em big but at 6-5 270 I wonder if Romeus is too big to play OLB. Questions about his size aside Romeus is a playmaker and I'm sure the Dolphins will be very interested whenever he declares. He can rush the passer and I saw him drop back into coverage as well.

A second game ball goes to Da'Norris Searcy. The safety from North Carolina. He actually had a better game than Deunta Williams. Plus Searcy returns kicks and makes tackles on special teams. Its probably unlikely that he will declare.