Game day thread
710 replies
"PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN wrote:
At this point the running game for us just needs to be about balance not effectiveness. We're not going to be a good running team this year. Unless we use Tannehill. I can see that helping.
This passing offense is not going to continue to look good, Lazor's scheme will not look as brilliant if we simply can't run the ball..sucks..
Maybe we need to go with Shelley smith and turner, and have an early return on Pouncey, that would replace 3/5ths of our oline from this game..lol

"djphinfan wrote:
No, Ryan, Gibby, Landry, Matthews and the scheme, and the specials are only bright spots when it comes to starters on both sides..
Oline in first half can't move people going forward, their def light in the pants..defense just looks bad all around..
It's preseason but there's nothing positive about our defensive starters in two games.
Gotta disagree a little here DJ. I thought the Dline proved very capable in that first half. Plus they only gave up a TD on the short field. Yes, they would have given up that TD were it not that play from Grimes, but again 1 TD. I have watched every preseason game and the D, while not looking unbeatable are not anything to be really worried over at this point.
Ice Cream!
Running a little better now.
Billy Turner is playing really well.
"PhinFan1968 wrote:
What I keep having to remind myself of also, we're not showing anything good yet...
The razzle-dazzle stuff's all in Lazor's pocket. He's known since day 1 our run blocking sucks, so he HAS to have some stuff to make up for the line.
once again, it's not gonna work if we have this kind of run game, defenses will catch up with the lack of balance.

Gettin some yards on the ground now... wish we coulda done this against starters though

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
Binns / Cone showing up too.
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
"djphinfan wrote:
once again, it's not gonna work if we have this kind of run game, defenses will catch up with the lack of balance.
I think it can. It's about balance not effectiveness, IMO.
And is it me or does Williams run with more authority than the others?
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
Good looking drive and TD.
Im rooting for Binns or the wr williams makin the team because of the height
Better running on that drive. Makes a huge difference on the offense.
Also, Billy Turner > Dallas Thomas.
"djphinfan wrote:
Maybe we need to go with Shelley smith and turner, and have an early return on Pouncey, that would replace 3/5ths of our oline from this game..lol
Yup. Said last week we're gonna have to sacrifice some pass pro for the run game. You have to be able to run the ball, and we don't have the backfield talent to make up for what the OLine is doing.
Im hopin that Quinn gonna play cause lobato cant throw the ball...we need to make cuts and in order to do that we need a qb that can throw
"PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN wrote:
Hm, I've liked the front 7. It's the secondary that's disappointed me. Delmas and Wilson have missed tackles. Grimes gave up the touchdown.
That td was a combination if great pass protection in a goal line situation and a perfect pass , grimes actually played it well

When Williams makes the team and Thigpen gets cut, I hope he takes the 34 jersey.. memories.
Edit: Also..
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly 1m
Marcus Thigpen has a hamstring injury and is out for the game.
"A13OVEAVERAGE wrote:
When Williams makes the team and Thigpen gets cut, I hope he takes the 34 jersey.. memories.
Edit: Also..
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly 1m
Marcus Thigpen has a hamstring injury and is out for the game.
I would 100% buy that.
Again McCain with rhe forced Fumble
"Conuficus wrote:
Miller is capable but he needs to show more leg drive when tackled. If he can do that we can be a good running team. We don't need 120+ a game to be a good running team, we just need to be close to 100 a game and we will win plenty of games. I do agree with you regarding Tannehill; if we can utilize him here and there, it opens up the defense greatly for other plays.
he didn't play a lot but his transition upfield looked a little quicker once he caught the ball, but your point about his leg drive is on point, it's almost like once he feels the hit he goes limp

i want him to start next week
I agree, front 7 looked much improved. The TD was on short field turnover. But the secondary is still shaky like in the previous game.
Turner will take time. He can't anchor either. But at least he is a beast in run game.
banned
I dont know about that...NE played many years with no run game..they perfected the short 4 yard passes that worked just like a run game. Sure Id rather be able to..but I wouldnt say defenses will automatically shut it down
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
