Game day thread

710 replies

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:08 PM

Dude came up behind him and held him too lol. Slight one...still.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:08 PM

Wheeler and Ellerbe are really huge misses by Ireland and were stuck for another year with them. Biggest problem on the team.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:08 PM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

So...running the ball is still a big problem huh?

What do you expect, the interior of the line is weak right now. Our best run blocking guards aren't on the field.

vizi0nvizi0nSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:08 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

I really cant decide who's worse... Wheeler, or Ellerbe. Such a tough call.

Hopefully Mr. Tripp makes a statement tonight.

FanMarinoFanMarinoNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:09 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

My thought's exactly. The only issue though... to me its clear Landry needs to play. So... who does he take snaps from? Gibson? Doubtful. Matthews? I dont know... he showed alot last year. So... with that being said, someone's talent is going to be wasted on the bench... If you can move either Gibson or Matthews you may consider it... I'd hate to see us do it, but it makes sense in a way.

If Landry is on par with Matthews right now i go with upside. Rookie gets my vote after the 3yr vet. Beit Gibson or Matthews. If Phins keep an extra WR then happy days.

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:09 PM

That whiff by Wheeler was embarrasing

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:09 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

My thought's exactly. The only issue though... to me its clear Landry needs to play. So... who does he take snaps from? Gibson? Doubtful. Matthews? I dont know... he showed alot last year. So... with that being said, someone's talent is going to be wasted on the bench... If you can move either Gibson or Matthews you may consider it... I'd hate to see us do it, but it makes sense in a way.

Huge reason why I wanted us to go with Brandin Cooks in the 1st. Jarvis, Matthews, and Gibson are all similarly talented in my opinion so it muddles up who should play where and when, etc. With Cooks you have a natural slot guy and it settles the position. Landry isn't a game-breaker, on his one reception tonight he had the angle and could have beaten the two safeties for a TD if he had Cooks speed/creativity but instead he just runs straight and tries to split the safeties and gets taken down. i'm not hating on Landry, I just think Cooks would have been oh so much better for our offense.

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:09 PM

"FanMarino wrote:

If Landry is on par with Matthews right now i go with upside. Rookie gets my vote after the 3yr vet. Beit Gibson or Matthews.

Keep em all.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:10 PM

Jeez they can't run block for ****!

KIKingtut561New Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:10 PM

What was that? Smh. Block McCoy!

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:10 PM

McCoy is just a beast!

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:10 PM

Williams better make this team.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

Alex44Alex44New Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:11 PM

You know what...even if our run blocking is still terrible I'll take the improved pass blocking and be pretty happy still.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:11 PM

Gibson = Money!

keithjacksonkeithjacksonSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:11 PM

Honestly I would give Landry the reps of the TEs because he is money on those Seam routes, and he blocks as well as a lot of out TEs.

2020 ThePhins Club Fantasy Football Champion

KIKingtut561New Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:11 PM

Gibson with the extension and effort for the 1st.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:11 PM

Damn Fine Job by Gibson! Great reach for the first down!

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:11 PM

Wow, I know McCoy is good... but damn we can't run block worth ****.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:12 PM

Dallas Thomas had a better block on Sataele than McCoy.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 08:12 PM

There's no way we can cut or trade Gibson IMO. I know he'd represent the most value, but he's got to be on this roster, with Landry obviously on opening day. There's no doubt in my mind about it. If he's not on the roster, we're stupid.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:12 PM

Great play by Gibson

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:12 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

Wow, I know McCoy is good... but damn we can't run block worth ****.

nothing new lol

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

KIKingtut561New Member
Aug 16, 2014, 08:12 PM

We have all the pieces to be a good team this year. This year is on the coaches imo.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:13 PM

Really glad to have Gibson back. Missed him last year after he went down. We are deep as heck at Reciever!

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

MitchellenmanMitchellenmanForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 08:13 PM

Another good play. This offense really excites me