1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game violence claims debunked by experts

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by peastri, May 12, 2008.

1. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    I know this is essentially about video games but being that it was a research study I thought it better suited to here...

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23670311-5014239,00.html

I have always been of the mindset that video games regardless of their genre act as a form of "release" for what you could call our "natural instincts" and not as an influence to bad behaviour. We all deep down have a killer instinct, we would not survive in the wild without it, but we've pushed these instincts aside for modern, everyday conveniences.

Had a long day at work only to be stuck behind a slow driver that you can't seem to get around, and just feel like ramming up the rear of their car? Why not slap in your new copy of GTA and blow the crud out of those sluggish bastards. Feel better no?

Tom Brady driving you crazy with that smug, goomba face of his showing up on sportscenter every two minutes? Why not slap in your copy of Madden (no matter how bad it is) turn the AI right down and drill the **** out of the ****er. Feel better no?

Kill the instinct, consoles can save the world!

DevilFin13 and finswin56 like this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    A feeling felt much too often by us.