1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gammons leaving ESPN & Baseball Tonight

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by BigDogsHunt, Dec 8, 2009.

1. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
  2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Noooooo! I wish he would stay. Really like all the baseball anlyst alot tho. ESPN has a great group

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Eh the MLB Network does a better job than Baseball Tonight now anyway. I do enjoy reading Gammons articles (even if the articles are now just gossip and not actual news) but they've been few and far between ever since his stroke a few years ago and he really hasn't been the same since. With that being said I'm sure he'll wind up on the MLB Network or writing for SI or somewhere else. He's not going away that's for sure.

4. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    That would be a homerun.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Off-topic

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Gammons IS headed to the MLB Network, MLB.com and also NESN (Red Sox network) and NESN.com, also possibly doing some writing with a Boston paper. An official announcement is coming soon.

7. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    That didn't take long at all.........:up:

I watch MLB channel and NFL channel more than ESPN respective shows anyway....I have no problem with folks jumping off the ESPN ship.

8. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

MLB Network is fantastic. I always liked Pater Gammons, even if he has been an outright open Red Sox homer.

ESPN needs to be careful because both the NFL Network and MLB network are quite impressive with their presentation and giving these analysts a place to go beyond Bristol. The quality of ESPN has gone down over the years and losing top talent like Gammons, David Aldridge for the NBA and Harold Reynolds (who I understand why he needed to be fired, but still) and it is starting to show.

9. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Gammons is, in my mind, the best analyst of any sport -- period.

10. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/colum...r&id=4734773&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

Gammon's brings it home.....total class.

My 20 years at ESPN

So many wonderful memories, so many wonderful, hard-working people to thank