1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gardasil Dangers and Injuries

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by njfinfan, Sep 1, 2008.

1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Coral Reefer likes this.
  2. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks Mary. I sent this to my daughter. I'm so scared of any new stuff they come up with. I just pray she stays healthy from this.
    Deb

njfinfan likes this.
  3. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I'd like to add that anyone considering any relatively new drugs released onto the market should always be extrememly wary.

The Pharmaceutical industry is as shady as any other money machine industry. They already know and could care less what negative effects their drugs may have long term.

They know exactly how much money they'll make upon release versus how much money they'll end up having to pay to settle law suits from people they hurt in the process. It's all factored in and it's a winning proposition for them regardless of what happens long term.

These companies are NOT looking out for your best interests.
    Just keep it in mind is all I'm saying.

dolphindebby and njfinfan like this.
  4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Of course Deb. :up:

5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Very well said. I agree with you 100%. Also, my youngest daughter's (she is 11) new doctor tried to "convince" me that the State of New Jersey was now requiring Gardasil injections to be administered to girls 11 years and older. Sounded fishy to me so I called her previous physician. He said it was poppycock. Too bad I had to change doctors due to an insurance plan change. She was with him her entire life. Needless to say, I switched again because I couldn't trust the new one to tell me the truth. :no:

Coral Reefer likes this.
  6. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks Deb. Truth be told, even if it didn't sound fishy, I'd probably still run it by Dr. Charlie. He knows her health better than anyone. I'm very pro-active with their health.

Good. :up:

I thought exactly the same thing.

njfinfan likes this.
  7. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Whoops - sorry Deb. Meant to quote you, but dog interfered so I ended up editing your post.

8. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    That's fine.
    How are you? Don't you get TO over excited Sunday. :up: You keep yourself healthy.
    Luv ya,
    Deb

njfinfan likes this.
  9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Oh my God..... that's criminal!

Unbelievable a doctor that carries what should be such a burden of trust with his patients would try to convince you of such a thing simlpy to move a drug product. :pity:

Great job on looking to find confirmation of his claims!

How many others will simply just trust his word because he's a physician and because of that they believe he is trustworthy? Sad.

njfinfan and dolphindebby like this.
  10. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks and again I agree. Someone else may not be as proactive and just trust the doctor. I'm not quite so trusting, luckily for my daughter. And I always check stuff out when I'm given a "manual" almost as thick as an insurance manual with information about the drug being offered. :knucks:

11. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks. Mike will take great care of me, don't you worry. So will everyone else. They'll make sure I stay calm, though it will be difficult.

Right back atcha kiddo. :kiss2:

dolphindebby likes this.
  12. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I know I get really worked up during games. I tried to get my son to take my bp before, during and after games. He just refuses. He says it's a given that it raises. LOL and he doesn't want to see the actual nos. :no: He doesn't think I'd like to see them either. (probably wouldn't)

njfinfan likes this.
  13. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    You should see me normally Deb. I'm crazy loud and emotional. I just can't afford to be now.

14. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Me too. You'll be fine, especially when we win! :hi5: