1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gase's Waste

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dirtylandry, Dec 20, 2017.

1. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Well Thomas and Bushrod are on IR. That's official. The players he has brough back from prior coaching stints has been horrible. Gase needs to coach the offense and not be involved in personnel decisions. He needs a veteran DC here, like they are doing in LA. Let's not mention play calling.

2. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    How about our recent good crop of draftees since Gase was brought on board?

Mafioso and Fin D like this.
  3. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Can't we contain your unfounded Gase hate to one of your other thousands of moaning threads? At what point is this soap box?

jdallen1222, Mafioso, Tone_E and 5 others like this.
  4. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    like Turnstile and Harris?

5. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Yes.

I get you're trying very hard to make "Turnstile" catch on.. But it just isn't sticking, bud.

ChrisKo, Boik14, Fame and 5 others like this.
  6. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    why? everytime I see him he is looking back at the DE that passed him or walking back after a penalty

7. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Link me to some plays, give examples. Which games in particular?

Fin D and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    You should try watching the entire game. Tunsil is not as bad as you are trying to paint him.

Irishman, Rocky Raccoon and Fin D like this.
  9. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    I did post the link about the 2nd most penalties and yards. I know you saw that

10. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    you're right. he is good. and so is the personnel on this team. just leave it alone and wait for the Savior to come back. we will be championship bound

11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    put the whiskey down.

Irishman and Fin D like this.
  12. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    but that's what you're implying. if you are satisfied with him at LT, then the level of mediocrity of this team is satisfactory to you too. He is a hot mess at LT. He is better at G. That's when this team played decent last year

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That is not what I am implying.

He is not a hot mess at LT. He is a young player who has made young mistakes. If you quit on every player who struggles when they are in the 1st or 2nd year you end up with a team that is constantly turning over and losing.

Basically you are wishing the Dolphins were the Browns.

14. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    No, but we are close. both teams avoid qb's like the plague. they hold onto players long enough and have draft classes that have been collectively bad.

don't you want to see miami move the needle, transcend and get into the stratosphere? Isn't that what we want? enough of this 6-10 BS,

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Browns don't hold onto any players. They continually cut players all the time. BASICALLY YOU WANT THE DOLPHINS TO BE THE BROWNS!

Good teams coach up their talented players and get them to where they want to be. I want to see Miami move the needle, that is why you keep players like Tunsil and not just throw them away. You want nothing but 0-16 BS.

Irishman, Fin D, aesop and 1 other person like this.
  16. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    Joe Thomas, Gordon...you're right they cut players all the time

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    And they are a great team!

Fin D likes this.
  18. Phins_to_Win

Phins_to_Win Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    So the Browns avoid QBs like the plague?

rd 2 Deshone Kizer

rd 3 Cody Kessler

none

rd 1 Johnny Manziel

none

rd 1 Brandon Weeden

That's 4 QB taken in the lasts 6 years.

They are basically doing exactly what you are praising the Eagles for doing.

19. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    they actually don't cut many good players the players leave in FA they have a hard time keeping talent in Cleveland, like joakim noah said who wants to go to Cleveland?!!!!!!

20. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    a lot of that I put on their front office, who is scouting? its like they listen to espn and not do their own. I mean a lot of teams strike out in qbs but they seem to get one every other yr and aren't successful, but that could be the whole vibe they have in Cleveland.

Phins_to_Win likes this.
  21. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    playing the devils advocate now, if RT comes back and we still don't win and you start blaming the o-line and tunsil will you agree with him?

I see everyone saying this and that is great on this team and I have seen 1 game this year where this team was above avg. every other game has been below avg besides wake suh, landry, x, jones who has played above avg? ill even throw drake in their the last few games

Like I said we have pretty much the same team as last year when the o-line was garbage according to everyone when RT had the rains, now that cutler has em and he blows its all cutler.

Im not saying tunsil sucks or is good im merely just asking a question, about next year if rt comes back and we are avg again will it be back on the o-line and you will say tonsil sucks? or will it be on the team or RT.

but I do agree that changing every 1 or 2 years is a little much I would said accurately would be 2-3 years to fully be able to see a players worth.

just wondering.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I will look at each individual player and base my opinion on their performance.

23. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    ok fair enough, in your opinion was it the itme table for gase and or rt etc. if landry leaves is that going to be an excuse for rt not playing up to his ability.

im merely asking because everyone on here talks like this team, the current roster(I would hope w/out cutler) is a playoff winning team and its clearly a lot less than that .

The one good thing about this year it was a down year for the nfl all around so I would assume all teams would get better next year besides the browns lol so we should follow suit, but if we don't and still go 8-8 then what?

24. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It is obvious I do not agree that it is clearly a lot less.

25. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    is it a super bowl caliber team? or a wild card win?

26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    A good of a roster as any modern day Superbowl team. Just have to play up to their ability.

Irishman and KeyFin like this.
  27. Phins_to_Win

Nov 16, 2013
    If Tannehill comes in and plays as bad as Cutler, then there is no excuse for it. If he comes in and things straighten out and we are a competitive team, but we keep coming up short. Then we have to evaluate what we think is going on.

A perfect example of this is the Saints the previous 3 years being 7 and 9. I'm not going to blame that on Brees.

I'm not trying to compare Brees to Tannehill, I'm just saying that a QB can be doing their job well, and the end result on the field might not be positive. There is usually a trend where we blame the QB for things that were out of his control.

Here is what I will judge Ryan on:
    1. fast start to the season. Its time. He needs to find a way to come out effective early. If he can't shake this disturbing trend, then we need to see what our options are.
    2. Command of the offense. This offense needs to look and feel like it was designed for him. He has seen it 1st hand and had a full year to absorb it from practice and a season on the sideline.
    3. Quality play from beginning to end. I won't be up in arms if he has a few games that he takes a quarter or 2 to get into the flow, but it can't be the norm.

Irishman likes this.
  28. Phins_to_Win

Nov 16, 2013
    I agree, I feel like Cleveland has a lot of self inflicted wounds. But, the general approach they have taken is not unlike what has been suggested that we should do. Would we do better with a similar approach?

I think my main point was that there is no sure fire way to get that elite QB. So, I'm not a big fan of holding it against the team when it doesn't find one. Cleveland has put a ton of resources to finding one, and since they haven't pulled it off, they look like a lost organization. Philly with almost the same philosophy gets Wentz and they look like Geniuses. Maybe they are geniuses, or maybe they rolled the dice and got lucky...

29. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I think Cleveland's approach CAN work if you have the right GM, but that's the key in all this: who is doing the drafting and who do you trade. I know it's a different sport, but the Houston Astros went from being in the gutter of baseball to building a WS roster in large part due to a similar strategy of good draft picks, developing homegrown talent (including international) and good trades for certain players.

Question is.. do you trust our GM to succeed with such a strategy? lol.. not too sure.

bigballa2102 and Phins_to_Win like this.
  30. Phins_to_Win

Nov 16, 2013
    Yep that's my concern. I'm not sure I trust our FO. They are starting to find their feet with finding some gems in the later rounds and working at limiting busts in early round. I'm not sure I would want them to try some bold new approach when they have just started to get this approach down.

31. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Unfortunately, they don't show entire games on 60 second ESPN highlight reels. When you only see a guy once and it's a bad play, you might assume that he did that the other 60 plays as well. There's a name for that though- it's called "fool's logic".

Irishman and aesop like this.
  32. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    I don’t doubt for one second that many “fans” wish the Dolphins were like the browns. There’s yearly top 5 draft picks, coaching and GM changes, you name it.

Irishman likes this.
  33. rackhound

rackhound Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    miamisburg ohio
    I have a coworker I consider a friend who is a browns fan(I live in Ohio) and from talking to him what they are doing is exactly what you have been calling for. Trading picks for more picks trading guys for picks or free agent signings to fill holes.....changing coaches and staff......they suck......continue to suck......and look like they will suck for the forseable future. Stability, good coaching, good drafting and sticking with that for longer than a year or two is what a team needs....some of You guys praise bellicheck like he is god......he didn’t overnight turn any team into a winner......not the browns who went on to win a super bowl as the ravens and not the pats.....took time.......and for the pats cheating......lol

34. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Or maybe we could continue developing the talent we do have and try to get better every year instead of just jumping off the bridge and cutting guys after their rookie season.

Irishman, aesop and LI phinfan like this.
  35. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Thank you. Thank you for restoring a little bit of hope that much of our fan base gets it. Hard to believe some of the takes in this thread are actually serious. Thank you for a concise and rational thought. Seems to be extraordinarily hard for some.....and you did it without using the words sucks, mediocre and fire him and cut him.

Irishman likes this.
  36. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    I seriously doubt he comes and plays as bad as cutler, so im not judging on that. I really think he needs a qb competition weather or not that player takes his spot I think he needs it. I agree he needs to com ein hungry and if its the same lackadaisical no emotions I dunno, he needs to win games from start to finish.

37. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL

I think philly is a different beast, they put together an atmosphere to attract players in FA, im sure wentz did help this out. But they don't have O-lines blowing lines in office lol.

I see us a way different than the browns, the browns fail in every aspect, we have a good D and good players the only thing we are missing IMO is some hole fillers and a legit QB to complete the browns they need a-z they just continually to fill holes. IMO I would have used my draft picks to sign a qb through trade making the browns from the draft is very hard because the kids lose so much while in Cleveland by the time their first contract is up they are out of Cleveland on the fist thing smoking. so you literally don't get veterans in their to boost play.

38. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    yes I agree, there are very few GM's who are willing to have a plan everyone has a win now mentality and that guy took a step back and said this isn't working lets give us 4 years to develop players and in 4 years we will have a stud roster and look what happened they didn't get overwhelmed with losing and being in the dumps. But to combat that is what if you wait the 4 years and it doesn't pan out, its a tough call.