1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBN 3 round mock draft 2/11/16

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Feb 12, 2016.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    finsbuck719 and dgfred like this.
  2. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    seeing more and more mocks with us taking Jack at 8. and I'm liking that a lot.

3. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    No thank you to Theus. I've watched some of his film and I'm not a fan. Doesn't look athletic enough to stay at LT and we already have an adequate RT. I'd be taking either Nick Martin, Carl Nassib, Vonn Bell, Jayron Kearse, Nick Vannett, Chris Jones, or Austin Hooper if it fell that way. The only other issue I have with this mock is that the first two picks are coming off injury and I'm not sure how extensive Fuller's injury was. I like both players though for sure.

4. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I would take Josh Garnett all day over Theus in that mock, plus Harlan Miller and Miles Killebrew, also Will Redmond and Tyler Matakevich.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    it did address needs

6. Shane Falco

Shane Falco Banned

Nov 22, 2015
    If we started the draft like that, I will call playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    You better call for a couple more OL instead.

8. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's what free agency is for.

texanphinatic and dgfred like this.
  9. sports24/7

Nov 25, 2007
    I'd be elated with those first two picks.

10. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Whom are you eyeing?

11. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Is take that over the Ragland mock draft in a heartbeat unless it was a trade down

12. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I would rather have Cody Whitehair as a LG draft pick. Adam Gotsis, GT/ DT/DE, in the 4th would be a steal. Of course, Miles Jack, or Noah Spence in the 1st....Spence is also gonna be a very special player imho.

13. sports24/7

Nov 25, 2007
    It's actually a pretty good FA guard class, so I'd be happy with a few different guys. Osemele, Brooks, Boone, Foster.

I think going the FA route is a safer proposition, and you should get immediate results whereas if you draft a guy there's no guarantee he'll ever give you much, and if he does it could take some time.

dgfred likes this.
  14. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Yeah, I like Osemele too.

15. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I'm actually seeing the opposite now. Most drafts have Jack going to the Cowboys at 4 or somewhere else before our pick. Most of the drafts I've seen have us picking Vernon Hargreaves and I think they're going to be right.

Barring any crazy changes in player's stocks after the combine (or left field FA signings), this is starting to feel like a couple of past drafts where everyone and their mother knew exactly who we were going to pick... reminds me of the Pouncey draft and the Tannehill draft, nearly all mock drafts had us taking them and we eventually did.

16. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    I just don't see him for Dallas. I think they will go QB either at their pick or trading back some. They GOT to get somebody soon.
    RGIII won't get it IMO. They may even resign their MLB and isn't Jack going to be an OLB? I guess him and S.Lee would make a good combo tho. They are also talking WR Treadwell and desperate for CB help on the Cowboy forums.

17. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Just looked again at the Cowboys stuff again:

Needs ratings: QB - 1 / CB & DE - 2 / RB, LB, WR, DT - 3 / OT & S - 4 / C, OG, TE - 5

They are mentioning no QB in rd 1 tho... instead wanting DE/DT, CB, RB or WR. Interesting.

18. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    man, I hope theyre wrong then. I'm really not sold on Hargreaves especially at 8. if we were to take him or any of the CBs projected in the first, I much rather us find a way to trade down into the 20s and pick up a lot more picks. I like the talent later in the draft at CB and I think we can wait on them and grab other needs early. Keivarae Russell, Cyrus Jones, Harlan Miller are all guys I think we can grab in the middle rounds who I think could be quality starters in the NFL. Not entirely sold on Hargreaves, Alexander, or Apple..especially in the first.

reason why I don't like Hargreaves is he is inconsistent. Against Michigan, he got torn up in coverage and appeared to even be benched for a few series, while Tabor was out on the field essentially the whole game. Then you put on the Tennessee tape and I don't think he gives up a single catch in man to man, but he wasn't covering any talent. idk if he even covered North at all that game and he is the best WR Tenn has and he's only projected as a late round draft pick. Other than that, I was focusing on his tackling ability and wasn't impressed. He missed 4 tackles that game and any time a WR got his hands on him to block, he was essentially taken out of the play. Complete opposite in the New Mexico State game...he gets beat on a double move which should've been a TD if it was a better thrown ball, but other than that he didn't give up anything (again though, facing no talent)... but he was a tackling machine in that game.