1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBN Senior Bowl practice notes 1/27/16

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    CHARLES TAPPER/DE/OKlahoma had a very nice career for the Sooners both in setting the edge and stopping the run, and also as a pass rusher. At 6’026″ & 276 lbs. he has decent size for his position in a 4-3 scheme, but his huge hands, at 11 1/8″, and long arms, at 34″ really make him attractive to the NFL. Another player who has prototype measurements is LeRAVEN CLARK/OT/TEXAS TECH, who was a very effective LT for the Red Raiders. And his numbers help to explain his success as a blocker both in the run game as well as the passing game. CLARK stands 6’055″, and weighs 312 lbs. with a solid looking, fit body. Then add in 10 7/8″ hands, and 36 1/4″, vine-like arms and you really have something.

I believe that one of the best proportioned athletes, by position may be small school standout DEIONDRE’ HALL/CB/NORTHERN IOWA. He stands 6’015″, weighs 192 lbs., has 9 1/2″ hands and 34 3/4″ long arms. Those are all excellent numbers for the position. the arm length is phenomenal. HALL might be able to scratch his ankles without bending over. This guy could be a hot riser if he performs well here this week on the Corner and then runs fast, with good agility numbers, at the Combine.

Watching One-on-One drills at the North practice, I felt that JOSHUA GARNETT/OG/Stanford dominated his pass-rushing opponents constantly. He had his opponent on the ground,crawling toward the QB mark on multiple occasions. He is a big guy (6’044/317) with strength and good athleticism. I also thought that MAURICE CANADY/CB/Virginia looked really solid as a pass defender. He was able to stay with receivers and delivered a couple of solid hits.

http://gbnreport.com/star-game-reports/

dgfred likes this.
  2. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Garnett sounds promising :)