1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Georgia president proposes 8-team football playoff

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by NJFINSFAN1, Jan 8, 2008.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Michael Adams, chairman of the NCAA executive committee, has opposed a playoff for 20 years but said Tuesday the current BCS system is "undercutting the sportsmanship and integrity of the game."

Adams wants the NCAA to seed eight teams into the four bowls. If one of the major bowls declines to participate, then another bowl could fill the void.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/01/09/sports/FBC-Playoff-Proposal.php

We do need a new system, this one is interesting.

2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Interesting Greg .To make it work as he is suggesting the regular schedule would have to be reduced a game and maybe an elimination of the conference championships would be needed.

I just dont see how they can overcome this aspect.

"

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    True, but its also good to see more people looking for a solution. unless people put something out there, nothing will happen. The Big Ten has no conference championship, and they are the ones fighting a playoff the most. But then, maybe they have the most to lose by a playoff?

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I don't see how the networks WOULDNT profit from a playoff. Whether it be top four teams or top eight teams I really think we need one.