1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Georgia v Florida 2008

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by girthvader44, Jul 20, 2008.

1. girthvader44

girthvader44 Prepare to Die....

Jul 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey gang
    My brother and I are making plans to go to the Georgia v Florida game this year, and were looking for some recommendations on where to stay, go, etc. Never been to Jacksonville, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    -GV

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    im going to that game too...hopefully. my brother has a place in Amelia Island, FL. The Ritz Carlton there makes a big deal for this game, provides shuttle service, gets in the spirit. its about half hour from the game, but its a beautiful spot and would be fun. not cheap though, and book now if you hope to reserve a room.

3. girthvader44

girthvader44 Prepare to Die....

Jul 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    cool thanks. I think we are looking to stay at some hotel by the Landing. I guess thats where the majority of the trash talking goes on

4. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Hey guys. I've lived in Jacksonville, FL for the past 6 years since I came up here to attend UNF. I'm quite the avid fan of "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party"...although I don't think it's called that anymore.

I would suggest staying somewhere downtown. Two reasons: the Stadium is downtime and the party is at "The Landing". You don't want to stay at Amelia Island--way way too far. Maybe look for something in the "Southside area". I don't know if you'll be able to get a room, they're always booked around that time, but I'd try and take a flyer on the Adam's Mark Hotel in downtown. It's right next to where the party is.

For you guys going to the game. I'd suggest being ready to tailgate at 10:00AM (the game will be played at 3:30). I've been the to the game twice, both experiences were the worst FL-GA times I've had, you just miss to much of the party!!

After the game, it's straight to the Landing. It's the Land of the beautiful babies. The UGA girls are amazing. The FL girls aren't too shabby. I don't like either team, just the atmosphere. Any other info I can help you with I'll try.

You're in for a great time! 140,000 people all in one place. It's crazy!!!