1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get after Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Ophinerated, Clipse, gafinfan and 4 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Watching him play here in los angeles, i gotta pretty good gauge on his game..

I would not go out of my way to generate pressure..Hes a playmaker and likes to get out of the pocket to make those plays.

Hes excellent at throwing on the run. real good mechanics with his feet when outside the pocket. Just a very good improvisational player.

Hes a little inaccurate when he has to survey the field from the pocket, can flutter some balls, and doesnt have great size to see everything.

I would make him beat me with the pass within the pocket, and tell our dline to keep him there.

Let our trio of corners play a lot of man to man on their average small receivers, throw 8 in the box on occasion to stuff the run and stay disiplined on the perimeters..hes a bootleg machine.

jetssuck and dolfan7171 like this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    He was beyond horrible against a "Mediocre" NO defense.

I think its important to stop the run and Force Dirty to beat us. I don't think he can :up:

gafinfan likes this.
  4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I would love to see the smug little bastard get the hell knocked out of him.

GARDENHEAD, Clipse, SCall13 and 3 others like this.
  5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    If Jones and Washington are kept to 60some yards rushing, we win this game.

A very forgotten sidenote to the Edwards trade is that Chansi Stuckey, their current #2, will not be in the game and no way Edwards is prepared enough to play effectively. They're starting Cotchery and Brad Smith on us.

Cover Dustin keller and whats Sanchez gonna do?

6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Keller is one of the keys to this game. Take him out, or limit the damage he does, along with winning the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and I think we win.

dolfan7171 and The Aqua Crush like this.
  7. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    So what you are saying is "pressure a rookie QB"...

That is ground breaking... Head Coach, here you guys come...

He is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes and play like a rookie, but of the 4 games he has played, he looked pretty good in 3 of them (****ty in the last).

I am sure he will make some plays that will make me cringe, but he has a good defense to bail him out and a new weapon. :)

Of course, it isn't like the other QB on the field is Tom Brady... Chad Henne is double the rookie and going up against a pretty damn good defense with much less weapons to throw to.

Run run run, I know, but that has gotten you 1 win in 4 games... not a great percentage.

I like our chances.

BZ

GreenMachine likes this.
  8. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    You are setting yourself up for severe dissapointment. typical Jets fan.

Chad henne is "double" the rookie? huh?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    says the baiting jester who's team has played (and lost badly to) one good team...

10. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I suppose it's all in how you look at things. As a Jets fan you're going to look at it one way.
    However, it also can be said that Sanchez's performance seems to trend towards regression.
    wk 1 cmpl % 58.1 avg yds 8.8 TD 1 INT 1 sack 0
    wk 2 63.6 7.4 1 0 2
    wk 3 56.7 5.7 2 1 3
    wk 4 51.9 5.1 0 3 4
    Even his yd per game has lessened from 272 to 163 to 171 to 138. He's also fumbled 5 times.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/gamelogs?id=SAN091667

11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I think something being overlooked is that the jets best player is Revis. He can take a teams top wideout out of the game, and frequently does so. Problem is, against miami, taking Ted Ginn out of the game doesn't effect the dolphins offense that much.

I agree we need to get after Sanchez, don't let him get comfortable. The jets will be aiming to do the same with Henne. Could be a lot of turnovers both ways in this game. The team who can capitalize on those turnovers with points will probably win the game.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    he's the ultimate decoy...:sad:

This would be funny if it weren't true.......we should probably keep him in there all game just to keep Revis distracted

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  13. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    No, I think what was said was to pressure Sanchez, but keep him in the pocket. Don't flush him thereby giving him a chance to make a big play utilizing his legs and ability to throw on the run. Of course pressuring a young QB is basic. But, I think djphinfan makes an excellent observation/point. Keep him contained too.

I have a question for you Mr. BwanaZulia. Are you going to be as frequent a visitor here at ThePHINS.com next week, you know...after we kick the Jests a**, as you have been thus far this week?

Just askin...:wink2:

djphinfan and gafinfan like this.
  14. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    3 of the 4 teams the Jets have played have a better record than Miami.

And since when is NE a bad team?

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Do you honestly think that Edwards will get more than 20 snaps this week?
    He is being tossed in a new system with a new QB and he only has a few days to get ready.

Not to mention he's more overrated than Chambers.

Brady is rusty and their defense is grabage.

16. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    BZ what is the bet with the misses?:wink2:

bigbry likes this.
  17. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep...I did not have the numbers on hand but I knew he had been regressing since the great opening day against the Texans.

The NFL just eats rookie Qb's alive, until they adjust.

As for "get after Sanchez with Wake" keep in mind folks if JP is out for the game, that leaves JT, and we probably will run nickel rush passes with 7 men in coverage, double Wake and JT/JP/Langford/Starks have to step up against man on man blocking.

Add JP to the mix and things get interesting, my only concern is Merling's health..

BTW, one thing I've found about the Jets, their OLB's are playing at a high level, their DE's are not..

late again likes this.
  18. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    That garbage D and a rusty Brady beat Buffalo, Baltimore and Atlanta.

Buffalo sucks, but Baltimore and ATL are pretty good

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    At home that is to say.

A cheery note about Braylin' Edwards, he has the #1 slot in dropped passes since 2007 on lock down with 29 drops, the next guy has only 21 drops.

20. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    And if you saw all four games you would have to admit that NE started out pretty rough and without key guys....their play since then has been much sharper.

If that game between you and NE was played last week it's the same result as you had vs NO. You get schooled

21. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    So now we are playing the "what if" game?

You play the team on your schedule.

22. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    They needed an all-time bogus call to beat the Ravens, a SERIOUS gift to Beat Buffalo, and they did indeed beat Atlanta.....

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The only reason the Pats beat Baltimore is because of a dropped pass, I cant speak for Atlanta, I didnt see any of that game.

24. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Our run D is outstanding and our Pass D is rated fairly mediocre... Ryan/White/Gonzo/Turner.. Manning/Clark/Wayne/Addai..Rivers/Gates/Jackson/Sproles I dont know about Jet fans but Sanches/Edwards/Keller/Jones... seems a lot easier to handle...I gotta say I find it pretty laughable that a lot of Jets fans want to act like the Dolphins have no shot against them..going to be a rude awakening come monday night for those that are just looking at the record and not the competion and the stats the Dolphins have compiled.

Teams that Rank #1 in Rushing and #2 stopping the run generally shouldnt be taken lightly.

25. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    It was your argument that NE was a good team when you played them...........the fact was they were in worse shape than the week prior when they barely beat a poor Bills team.

26. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    On the subject of gifts....how bout those two TD's that the return guy for Tenn gift wrapped for the Jets, enabling them to squeak by a team that can't buy a win?

27. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Teams who have given up just 3 touchdowns in in 4 games should not be taken lightly either.

AND it is Cotchery, Keller, jones...With Edwards as the X factor

Plus, Revis and Jenkins are arguably the best at their position.

28. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Keller is averaging what...25 yds per game since his 94 yds on opening day?

Jones is running for less than 4 ypc or so?

29. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    The difference here is that I don't think any of us are taking the Jets lightly. While the contingency of visiting Jets fans are implying that the Fins have no shot at winning Monday night.
    And Revis and Jenkins being the best at their positions is your opinion. But my own is that you're really reaching with that statement.

Clipse, jetssuck and huck1974 like this.
  30. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Sanchez has an extremely long stride when he steps into his throws. That is how he generates his velocity. You get in his face I think he will have much more difficulty than even your average rookie. You don't even need to get to HIM just to his stepping lane.

31. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Getting after Sanchez is obviously important. But the most important thing is to contain Jones/Washington, and score early. The 1st 3 weeks, Sanchez was able to ride the coattails of great defensive play keeping the game close, allowing them to have a good mix of run/pass. Basically, Sanchez played the "Pennington Style" game manager. In week 4, Saints got a lead early and Sanchez had to throw, where Sanchez couldn't handle trying to win the game instead of managing. Point is, if the Jets running game doesn't get back on track, they'll be taking back that Sanchize moniker in no time.

32. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm still waiting for a Jets fan to address this, so far: nothing.

33. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I wouldn't mind a Jets fan (ahem....greenmachine) explaining to me what it is that Jenkins does that makes him the best NT in the league.

34. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i hope we don't change a thing, defensively, from last sunday to this monday night.

I love Porter; so don't take this the wrong way. if we play like we did against buffalo, i hope Porter doesn't play against the Jets. I think Porter is awesome, but when he's playing with JT it takes something away from JT and Porter's game. JT and Porter are best on the right side. When they're in there together it makes one of them worse every play. I'm very happy with the way JT and Wake play together. And i know that wake was playing as an end and he wasn't porter's replacement. i believe anderson was.

35. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Being a NT isn't rocket science. The job requires you to be a big fat (albeit strong) bastard in the middle. You have to demand a double team on every play and jenkins can do that.

With that being said, jenkins isn't the best. He's very good, but I'd give the nod to Vince Wilfork. Soon to be B.J. Raji.

36. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

Wake will be on him like white girls on NBA players!

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    JS...ur in your glory huh my brother, lol.....you've been kicking some jet azz around here...keep it up..

jetssuck likes this.
  38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Brett farve makes running backs better wherever he goes.Jones is no different.

39. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

I dont think AP needed farve to make him better lol

40. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol....I guess

It doesn't get boring as fast when it's with Jets fans... :lol: