1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rid of stretch marks

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Seeking Answers, Aug 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    OK. I hate this about me. I have lost weight in the past and doctors have said that is the reason for my stretch marks. They are very visible on both of my sides, a little on my arms, and the top of my back near my arms. Surgery simply is to expensive and not an option. Im not fat, but when I take my shirt off to go swimming or at the beach I am very very self conscious. Most of the time I keep a tank top on at the beach. I feel stupid doing that though. Its a big burden on my life. Please any help would be appreciated.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Celtkin likes this.
  3. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    I'd looked for any treatments for women who have just had babies. Stretch marks are a common post-pregnancy fact that cannot always be removed. Stretch marks from being fat are pretty much the same.

Early treatment is better.

Celtkin likes this.
  4. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Mederma or try Kelo-Cote 2 very good scars remover. I used Kelo Cote after a surgery and faded the scar big time.

My friends wife used mederma after pregnancy and it faded her stretch marks to the point you cant really see them.

Hope this helps you.

Celtkin likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Vitamin E and Aloe Vera both did wonders for my wife. You can get both in a Lotion type, but they are actually more like a sticky gel.

Celtkin likes this.
  6. anlgp

4 posts, 4 thanks by celt.

celt, do you have stretch marks? :lol:

hof13 and Celtkin like this.
  7. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    No brother. I am 6' tall and 178 pounds and never weighed over 185 lbs BUT I AM impressed by all of our members who are willing to help and offer advice.

8. anlgp

i have to start joking at more appropriate topics.

9. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Well, problem is these stretch marks are not new. I have had them for years. I have heard coco butter before, I tried that, but it didnt help at all. Mederma I have heard about before, so maybe I will try that now.

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I've heard that Bio Oil has done wonders for stretch marks and scars.