G.I. Joe (the movie)
69 replies
"slickj101 wrote:
lol the guy they cast for Destro looks like some kind of rodent. Better slap that mask on him quick.
Hey now thats a really good actor, he was the invisable man on Heros and was the new Dr. Who. He was also in the Seeker

"ILPhinFan88 wrote:
Hey now thats a really good actor, he was the invisable man on Heros and was the new Dr. Who. He was also in the Seeker
Dont watch Heros and have never seen that Bond so I couldnt tell you. Im just callin that one how I see it, he looks really tiny and strange for what I expected Destro to be I guess.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
"slickj101 wrote:
Dont watch Heros and have never seen that Bond so I couldnt tell you. Im just callin that one how I see it, he looks really tiny and strange for what I expected Destro to be I guess.
Its not a Bond movie, its a TV series has a thread here http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=3641


Loving the design of Baroness ... She was always one of my favorites.
I like the contrast in color and texture between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as well. I'm hoping that these two are a central focus of the movie, as they were my two favorites. There's just something badass about using swords when everyone else is shooting guns.
"Vengeful Odin wrote:
Loving the design of Baroness ... She was always one of my favorites.
I like the contrast in color and texture between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as well. I'm hoping that these two are a central focus of the movie, as they were my two favorites. There's just something badass about using swords when everyone else is shooting guns.
Collider: So for fans of Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes which go back a long, long time, what can they look forward to about their involvement in the film and have you already filmed a battle with them and how did it turn out?
Lorenzo: We’re really exploring the mythology and we hope that the mythology, if we’re lucky enough to get to a 2nd film, we want to continue to explore the mythology of the two characters. It’s very rich and this movie explores a lot about how they met at first and how they fell apart. And yes we have shot a fight between the 2 of them and we hope that everybody’s going to agree with us that it’s going to be one of those great battles

"Rick 1966 wrote:
I am of the opinion that this is going to be pretty damn bad.
I'm w/ you. Just cant see this being good, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
"DonShula84 wrote:
I'm w/ you. Just cant see this being good, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
I think they just went all wrong with the focus. First of all, making them into some sort of half-***ed UNCLE instead of keeping them "a real American hero" bastardizes the whole concept from the get-go. Second, the outfits make them look like wannabe superheroes.
I think the best idea would have been to lift that team of SF guys from Transformers...you had a read-made GI Joe team right there! :D
Only thing I don't like so far about this movie is Marlon Wayans casting. I just don't think its possible to take him seriously.
Otherwise this is one of my most anticipated movies.

I tend to agree i think this movie will suck but im watching it either way
its better to go in with low expectations :lol:
"Motion wrote:
Only thing I don't like so far about this movie is Marlon Wayans casting. I just don't think its possible to take him seriously.
Otherwise this is one of my most anticipated movies.
Watch Requiem for a Dream, you'll be able to see him in a serious role after that.





heres a link to more pics
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05/16/channing-tatum-filming-gi-joe/
Snake Eyes looks good.
Duke and Ripcord look dumb with all that cheesy body armor.
Is that the Baroness or Scarlet??? :yes:

Hector Delgado didn't make the Joe team but at least Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow found a ninja mentor!
El Mayimbe here...
Last I reported, supposedly an offer was made to THE ROCK for the role of Shipwreck. It didn't work out. When I originally reviewed the script, Shipwreck's role was basically a cameo and a setup for the sequel. He had just a line or two in the 3rd act. Obviously the script has gone through its changes during production and now our wisecracking Navy Seal was ultimately cut out because they just couldn't make it work in the movie which is already jammed packed with characters and backstory.
So obviously if the Joe team comes back for a sequel, I'm sure Shipwreck will return as one of the newer members of the Joe team and a fully fleshed out character.
In other Joe movie news, Gerald Okamura has been cast as the Hard Master in the upcoming film. The Hard Master is the ninja master/leader of the Arashikage clan who mentors both Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes in the ways of the ninja. Hard core Joe comic fans know that the Hard Master has something to do with the long standing rivalry between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Gerald Okamura has a cool website you can visit here.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/g-i-joe-movie-sinks-shipwreck-gains-a-hard-master-4621

"Motion wrote:
Snake Eyes looks good.
Duke and Ripcord look dumb with all that cheesy body armor.
Is that the Baroness or Scarlet??? :yes::d-day:
Here is Baroness


"DonShula84 wrote:
Watch Requiem for a Dream, you'll be able to see him in a serious role after that.
Yeah, what a depressing movie. Marlon is certainly not in his funny man costume for that one.
Oh, and the outfits for this movie look horrible. I don't understand why people shy away from what these guys wore in the comics. I mean, the whole reason to make these movies is to get the fans of the comics into the theatres and buying tickets right? So why bastardize the look and feel of these characters to the extent they have seemingly done?
"Samphin wrote:
Yeah, what a depressing movie. Marlon is certainly not in his funny man costume for that one.
Oh, and the outfits for this movie look horrible. I don't understand why people shy away from what these guys wore in the comics. I mean, the whole reason to make these movies is to get the fans of the comics into the theatres and buying tickets right? So why bastardize the look and feel of these characters to the extent they have seemingly done?
As much as I'm looking forward to this movie I would agree with this, although I think the only ones that look bad are Duke and Ripcord from what I've seen. Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro, etc... all look pretty good. I'm interested to see Cobra Commander.

"vmarcilfan75 wrote:
woooow, who needs lasers when you have bombs like that?
Silence

It's ******* Golden.






