1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giants, Saints Haggling Over Shockey

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Though it is now widely expected that the New York Giants will trade tight end Jeremy Shockey to the New Orleans Saints, John Clayton of ESPN.com reports that the two sides are at odds over compensation for Shockey, who was a first-round draft pick of the Giants in 2002.

Per Clayton, the Giants want more than a second-round pick; Clayton suggests that the Saints aren’t even sold on the idea of giving up more than a third-rounder.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/25/giants-saints-haggling-over-shockey/

brandon27 likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't blame the Saints. I would MAYBE... and I mean MAYBE give up a third rounder for him. Anything more, and i'd really be questioning my sanity. The guy is a head case, with injury problems, and he can be a big time disturbance in my locker room. I'm pretty happy about that fact that we aren't going after him :up: I know the Giants want good compensation for him, but I think they're being a bit crazy here wanting more than a second.