1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gil Brandt top 100 revised.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATLFINFAN, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I have heard a lot of people really respect this mans opinion so ...........

He has changed a lot of his early opinions of his rankings of his top 100, including moving Tavon Austin from 38 to 17. Nice little blurb on him in his rankings............

17) Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia (38)
    I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Austin is going to be a huge matchup problem in the NFL. You don't normally like small players (Austin measures 5-foot-8 1/2), but he can do everything, whether it's catching passes, lining up in the backfield or returning kicks and punts. He doesn't always catch the ball cleanly, but he's very competitive. I'm not sure he'll play every down, but he'll definitely make an impact. I can see him coming in on third down and running draws and screens. With his quickness and speed, he has the potential to dominate.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...kel-ezekiel-ansah-top-toughtocall-draft-class

Not intending this to be a rewind of the Austin discussion but, I will really hate it if we don't take this guy. The only thing I don't necessarily agree with is the part time player comment, but overall, I agree. He will be a HUGE matchup problem because of his quickness.....I see Wes Welker X 5.

Have at it.........if you so choose.

MrClean and Da 'Fins like this.
  2. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
    I find it interesting how everyones draft boards begin to cluster as the draft approaches. With a few exceptions ( in this case Anzah high, Jarvis Jones low), most seem to rank the same players in the same basic tiers. I dont know if its because the cream really rises to the top every year after tireless player evaluation, or if people begin to be swayed by the "consensus" projections of the masses. Im not criticizing, as I havent gone through the exercise myself - more of a commentary than anything else.

ATLFINFAN and Da 'Fins like this.
  3. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Not really a Brandt fan, any more (though he gets some good info); but good to read him.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Star Lotulelei ranked down at 22 with Menelik Watson immediately behind him. That's bold.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  5. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Star at 22, Jarvis Jones at 28. I'd argue both those guys are top 10 talent.

DJ Hayden at 51 interested me. I still say he'll be there at 2a.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  6. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Cord at #8. Wow. Loves him some cord. Matheiu pops in at #62 after not appearing in his last rankings. Seems he's not all that hot on Nassib, but bumped him up a bit by default.

Sexiest 32-100 I can remember. I want all those cornerbacks and safeties! Get em !

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  7. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    He's a HCs delight but a OC has to coach him; what does that even mean?

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  8. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    That he's an extremely versatile weapon who can be used in multiple capacities but he is incredibly raw.

ATLFINFAN likes this.