1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gil Brandt's All Rookie Team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brown42000, Nov 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    PhinsRock, Skeet84, SICK and 7 others like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

for those not wanting to click the link only to see miami players:

don thomas, jake long, dan carpenter

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Outstanding.... but Donald Thomas? How can they justify a kid that played all of 1 game?

Surprised Neither DE made it.

Good to see Dan Car-painter on there (I think I got that from Padre :pointlol:)

Bpk likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Regarding Thomas being on the list, he's basing it off of potential, pre-season play and praise from the Jets in week one is my guess.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Guard
    Donald Thomas
    Miami
    Sixth round, 195th overall
    Currently out with an injury, but he was good enough to be the Dolphins starting guard in Week 1, and he looks to be a future Pro Bowl player; a sixth-round steal.

6. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Oh, I think that Thomas is gonna be good from all indicators, but projecting a kid that was a 6th round pick and played all of one game into a member of the All-Rookie team is a bit pre-mature me thinks...

phinfanuk and Bpk like this.
  7. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    good picks. Im pleasantly surprised with carpenter. I just hope he can work on expanding his range by a few yards and then id be extremely happy with him. Just gravy though at this point

azfinfanmang likes this.
  8. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, agreed on Carpenter. Dont forget, cold weather shouldnt be an issue although he did kick indoors in college.

He is still young, I could see him adding distance, and as you correctly pointed out, he is pretty much Gravy at this point. :hi5:

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I read the blurbs and I can only argue with Branden Albert, Donald Thomas and Peyton Hillis. Hillis is probably the best rookie FB out there and the only one I can think of so I will give him that. I haven't seen much of Albert to be honest but I think he has struggled. I could be completely wrong. The Thomas pick was premature as AZ said and he's basing it off of potential. Oh yeah and whose Jamey Richard? I figured Mike Pollack would get on there before he did.

10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    So Chris Long isn't a bust so far. Not bad. No gholston. Dorsey's pretty good though as well?

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Donald Thomas?

12. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Brandt is close to Parcells so maybe Parcells has spoke highly of Thomas. Would make putting him on the list a little more sense.

13. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Gholston is destined to suck.

14. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Kind of surprised to not see Langford on this list. I think he is flashing some major potential on the line.

15. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Apparently.

16. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Why can't you guys just say...."cool, 3 Fins" and move on:up:

Themole likes this.
  17. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think Jenkins is doing that to almost everybody.. he has become a force. Samson MUST bring a better game in December, we HAVE to beat these bastiches

18. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

A healthy Jenkins will do that to every centre in the league imho. Before the injuries he was probably the best DT in the game, he was damn near unblockable. Then the injuries came and he got fat but unfortunately it looks like he is focused again. At the time I thought the Jets got a steal and it's looking increasingly likely that they have. :sad:

19. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sure if he took at peak at your Power Rankings, he'd be thinking the same thing, as the only person who has the Jets below the Dolphins in the Power Rankings. Yet, I don't think you lose credibility or don't watch the games or think you know nothing about the NFL and it's teams. So, I'd cut Gil Brandt some slack dude.

20. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I always find this to be really funny when fans "pop in tapes" and "evaluate" games. How are you evaluating games?

I know you play High School football and I don't doubt your knowledge of the game. I played H.S. Football, even as a QB and I can almost 100% gaurantee you know the game more than me. But, how are you "evaluating" this team? I mean do you know the scheme they are trying to play that week, what they're trying to accomplish, etc.? How each guy is graded?

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time.

21. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
  22. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Brandt left a few rookies off the list.

Offense: Flacco is playing well for Baltimore. Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, and Tim Hightower are all looking good. If he's gonna give Donald Thomas and Tracy Porter props then he should also mention the injured Felix Jones. Donnie Avery is going to eventually take Torry Holt's place in St. Louis. Jeff Otah is doing a great job on the right side of Carolina's offensive line.

Defense: Aqib Talib has three interceptions for Tampa Bay. Trevor Scott has three sacks for Oakland.

The Dolphins should have drafted Gary Guyton in the 7th round. Chris Horton, Dwight Lowery, and Brett Kern were also guys I liked in this past draft.

23. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

We know full well from our own team what a good draft class this was. Look at how many of our draftee's made either the team (Miami) or the Practice Squad. And Davone Bess was a great train robbery to not even have to give a draft pick for, this kid could be very good in a year or two.