1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GM League Timeline

Discussion in '2012 GM League Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Jan 26, 2012.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I just was wondering if we could get a GM League Timeline going and then post it as a sticky thread just so everyone knows when things are coming up.

Basically, things such as when the Coaching Free Agency starts, when we can start putting up team pages up (with salaries), when trading can begin, when the draft is going to start, and when voting is going to start. It doesn't have to be exact dates, even ranges such as "between February 1st and February 8th" would help me and others a great deal. I just have a lot of stuff going on between school and work, as I am sure other people do too, and want to try to set aside the appropriate time for the GM League.

Even if we could only get a timeline for stuff in the near future such as team pages, coaching FA, and trading would be awesome! I think it would also stop people from continuously asking when stuff is going to start lol. Thank you very much :up:

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Trading starts February 6th at 12:01AM EST.

That's about as far as my timeline goes right now. :lol:

Shortly after trades start, I'll have timeline.

Big E, Boik14 and UCF FINatic like this.
  3. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    That still helps me out a lot!! Thank you :)

I am taking Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology and Physics II all with labs plus working so any little bit helps! I was mostly concerned about when I would have to get my team page up and running by, but I will be fine.

Thanks again!

4. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Jesus Christ you poor bastard.

Good luck.

Boik14 and UCF FINatic like this.
  5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Do you have the necessary info for rosters and salaries?

6. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yes. I'm trying to prevent tampering. :wink2:

Big E, Vengeful Odin, SICK and 2 others like this.
  7. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Hahah thanks! I interviewed at the University of Florida's Dental School earlier this year and they asked me what classes I was taking this semester; when I told them those classes they laughed in my face and with an attitude said, "well we can't wait to see you GPA after this semester." I still hear their laughter ringing in my ears to this day and use it as motivation every single day.

And tampering?!?! Well as the Patriots GM how am I supposed to fulfill the portion of my contract that says, "do whatever it is necessary to gain a competitive advantage, even if it includes illegal filming, scoreboard miscues, and rampant tampering with both the coaching prospects, draft prospects, and players on the current roster."??

SICK and Boik14 like this.
  8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Your first mistake was applying to UF when everyone knows its all about :theu: But yea, show them whats up ya poor bastard :console:

UCF FINatic likes this.
  9. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I grew up as a U fan during the Ken Dorsey days, I wanted to apply there as an undergrad until I realized how much it would have costed me lol. Anyways, I probably would have applied there for Dental School if they did have one, seeing as the school I did get into is going to cost me around $300,000.

10. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Good grief, all that money to be a part of a profession that has the highest suicide rate amongst its employees. :console:

11. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    it's because they're not doctors and the interest alone on those loans drive them in droves.

12. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Its because no one likes dentists. To women theyre not doctors so it sounds boring. And no patient actually likes going there except the seriously defective ones.

13. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I did some research into the whole suicide thing and there are several things worth noting.

1.) Suicide "research" is not necessarily that accurate because there is such a limited number of people that commit suicide so its not statistically significant.

2.) A while ago I read a article about suicide in Harvard. Harvard's take on the issue was that they didn't have a higher suicide attempt rate than other institutions, just a higher success rate (thanks to the gorges that cut through campus). Dentists could just be more successful at killing themselves due to the fact they have the availability to get drugs. This also plays in with part one because most of the time suicide statistics are kept after the fact.

3.) The public's image of dentistry is change since the profession became "pain-free" and a lot more conservation/preventative. Younger people that haven't had bad experiences at the dentist do not mind visiting the dentist.

4.) Under Obamacare Dentist are going to be making more money that Doctors. Many people looking to get in the medical profession are switching from medical to dental since it will not be regulated by politics. This plays into the fact that it is harder to get into dental school than medical school or any other post-graduate medical professional school.

5.) Dentists are doctors lol.

Boik14 likes this.
  14. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    You got a link? I ask because I was "taught" differently while getting my useless Psych degree.

I'd wonder if it's the drugs, because males are far less likely to use drugs than females. Men prefer more "violent" measures, which is why (IIRC) they succeed more than women, who attempt more.

UCF FINatic likes this.
  15. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I was referring more towards the statistical side of suicide. I don't think the numbers of suicides per year by any profession are relevant in terms of comparision to the population as a whole or other professions. Simply put the sheer volume of suicides in comparison with the overall populations is not statistically significantly; I doubt it would pass a Chi Squared Test.

Edit: just realized you were talking about the drug reference. It was moreso a thought than anything. But I'm sure I could find something explaining that further, I'm just too lazy lol. That link too wouldn't be statistically significant because of the above mentioned point, so it would be pointless to look up.

Mach likes this.
  16. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Ah, I got you now. I thought you had meant suicide numbers on the whole, as opposed to certain subgroups (eg: dentists). Yeah, I'd have to think there's too much noise in that data.

UCF FINatic likes this.