1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to see Children of Bodom tonight...

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by texasPHINSfan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    what should i expect? lol...

i'm looking forward to this actually. i have some of their albums, really enjoy their music, never seen their show live though. from what i've been told, they are so good live, that they request no over-dubbing on live albums. will be interesting to hear...

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

going to see who?

3. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Great band, great live show. You'll definitely enjoy it. Alexi is an amazing guitarist and frontman. :yes:

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  4. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q96pdhy5bdg[/ame]

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    well it WAS a great show. didn't care too much for the first opening band, "Between the Buried and Me" ... they were ALL over the place with their style, you couldn't even tell if it was the same song or not and it was straight cookie-monster vocals.... the lead singer had some energy, but the music i just wasn't feeling.

the second band was the Black Dahlia Murder, which i had heard of before but never seen. they were actually pretty damn good. i'd call that more speed-metal though, and that drummer's feet must have been KILLING him after that double-bass almost the entire time. crazy, fast, but good with a lot of moments where a random pit would just break out in the crowd (aside from the usual always-constant pit).

Children? awesome! the show was phenomenal, although i've never been a fan of Alexi's vocals, i'm not going to lie. i never liked them even on the albums, but i LOVE the music. my biggest complaint about the show was the lighting. it was too much facing toward the audience and flashing all the time.... my eyes can handle bright lights, but not when its like a strobe in my face all the time. i thought the lighting was horrible in that regard. here's what i'm talking about.

before:
    [​IMG]
    (looks good right? the intelligent lights they had setup in the back were just fine.)

then when the lighting got crazy:
    [​IMG]

it was honestly un-bearable... i kept having to close my eyes every other note to the lighting, and that's dangerous when you're part of the wall in the pit

Phinperor likes this.
  6. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    oh one more thing.... all the players in the band put on a great show and had awesome energy except the keyboardist... he just stood there with a bored look on his face the entire show.

i guess you figure, well he's playing the wussiest instrument on stage at a metal show, but the guy could show some emotion. i swear i even caught him looking at his watch a couple of times.... its funny to me now, but at the time i thought that was kind of lame.

Phinperor likes this.
  7. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Thanks for the review bro. Yeah, I'm not a fan of either BTBAM or BDM, but to each their own. Glad ya had fun though, and I agree that lighting at any show doesn't need to blind the fans for effect, especially at the smaller venues.

texasPHINSfan likes this.