1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good read..on our strategy against the pats from our players and sparano

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Oct 4, 2010.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/n...-patriots-still-breed-familiarity-other-notes

reading this article was like eating a bowl of confidence.
    here's what i got out of it:

1.brady has respect for our new defense
    2.vontae will take care of moss
    3.sean smith/our lb's will take care of the TE threat
    4.we will put ourselves in the right position to make a move for the ball or tackle welker before he gets a chance to catch the ball..and/or make a move.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, not to burst the bubble or anything, but I'm sure they felt the same way about the jests, but weren't able to take care of those things last week. The strategy was there, the execution wasn't...that's what has to change this week...

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Bell has 4 career INTs with just one of them against NE. So, Brady seems to be going to great lengths with heaping on the praise and not giving Miami any bulletin board material.

SeanP, GMJohnson and Springveldt like this.
  4. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Last week the Jets were able to match up Braylon Edwards against Jason Allen frequently and he burned Allen on several big plays. If they were unable to keep Vontae on Edwards, not sure how they will do on Moss. And, if they do - then what was up with Vontae not covering Edwards last week?

Really wish Sean Smith had his head on straight this year - he could be an ideal match up for Moss.

But, we really had little pressure on the QB last week and I think we'll have to do that this week. Their running game should not bother us.

Plus, we need to keep Welker down.

Big game tonight and I can't wait.

dolfan22 and dolfan7171 like this.
  5. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    God help us?

One skill that Sapp plans to rely on is something he learned growing up in South Florida from his friends in the Pahokee and Belle Glade region, and that was chasing rabbits because of how that helps your agility.

“Covering Welker is like chasing a rabbit,” he said. “I did all of that before with the sticks chasing the rabbits until you can catch them and that’s basically what he is. He’s a rabbit and he’s good at what he does, so you’ve got to stay with him.”

As Larry said, it all looks good on paper, but they have to execute the plan or we will be discussing the bs again this week...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/n...-patriots-still-breed-familiarity-other-notes

Agua likes this.
  6. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    if we're not that worried about their run game, i hope we play a lot of nickel. i would much rather see sean smith covering their TE's as apposed to our lb's.