Goooooooood morning ThePhins.com...Day 2 camp updates thread.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jul 22, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Noone is taking Matthews job from him but if he can challenge Binns I'm all for it.

FanMarino likes this.
  2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Having re-read some of the camp notes, I think you've also got to consider the idea that Jared Odrick is going to rotate both DT spots as well.

The starting job is apparently rotating day-to-day, with Odrick/Starks being paired up, and I forgot whom but I believe it was a player who mentioned that Odrick can play 6, 3-, and 1-technique positions. They do 1-technique alignments in a Nickel package, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's base package too. Odrick was primarily a 1-technique in college, and I don't think he's a bad fit to play the position albeit more Jay Ratliff than Paul Soliai.

It would also give them a bit better flexibility next offseason.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He was C, efficient is the right word when it comes to his game, nothin fancy, just solid technique, great anchor and good footwork, just would like him to get more muscular, and learn to play a little more nasty..

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Also getting a feeling that yesterday's practice was a bit sloppy because of all the first year players getting their first taste of Miami humidity.

5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Seems like Thomas had his surgery sooner than Jordan, who waited til after the combine. Thomas had his on Feb 7, 2013. Jordan approximately March 1.

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Topic of mike Pouncey on pti.

To sum it up....they ridicule him for not apologizing...suffer the consequences they say..

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    We can only hope he's a late bloomer my fingers are crossed but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on him to blossom.

8. MrClean

Do you have the same kind of scooter as Howard Wolowitz?

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Egnew only made the active roster for one game last year and had a grand total of zero catches for the 2012 season. He now seems to be the fourth string TE, behind Sims, Keller, and Clay.
    I just don't see him being on the roster when the regular season begins. If it were to come down to keeping Egnew or McNutt for the 53 man roster, the obvious choice would have to be McNutt.

10. MrClean

Because he was unimpressive as a rookie, so this obviously means he must be a bust. :whistling:

11. MrClean

I know you are a glutes man, but a body part that always grabs my eye, is the traps. Wake has as impressive a set of traps as I've ever seen on a football player.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  12. MrClean

Cut a very good player when we have plenty of cap room? Makes no sense. Soliai is more likely to be resigned next year than Starks. Soliai and Odrick are probably the starting DTs in 2014.

PhinsRock, Larryfinfan and GMJohnson like this.
  13. MrClean

No.

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Agreed, his rhomboids are most impressive as well, You can't draw a football players body up any better....except maybe Dion Jordan in like three years.

15. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    He did have 3.5 last year

16. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    If he stays quiet then it will die a death and be forgotten. Thats the way it goes nowadays. He wore a hat and made a dumb call. It will pass.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  17. MrClean

As it should. I am glad our Pouncey did not bow to public pressure and apologize for something that he did that was totally legal and of his own volition.

Stitches likes this.
  18. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Apparently some form of rookie hazing begins tonight, I wonder if we'll see the "effects" during tomorrow's practice, though I doubt they do the hair dying again.

19. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Nothing beats the guy with the ***** shaved into the back of his head and the look Philbin gave him

btfu149 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  20. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Josh Samuda.

"Way to represent a first class organization, Samuda."

That segment of Hard Knocks was most righteous, to use Bill and Ted speak, because it gave us that awesome Philbin gif.

21. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Thanks for the updates, guys. There is so much intrigue this camp. So many young guys trying to make a name for themselves, Tannehill included. There's also a ton of new, promising faces as well as familiar, maligned faces that are becoming promising (Egnew, Thomas, etc.) add in the new logo and uniforms with the potential to be a good team and you can really sense the excitement and feel the buzz.

22. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is he just a stud in between the 20's or is he catching any TD's?

23. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Is there another thread for today? Only reason is I'm curious how Martin did against Vernon with pads on. While I trust in the belief Philbin & staff and Ireland have shown in Martin at LT, I still feel this is the biggest question mark of how successful our season will be.

Edit: Duh! Was in today's thread and got into this one when I switched from laptop to iPad! Got some reading to do, might be up late. :lol:

And BTW thank you! To all who have contributed so much great intel on TC so far, this site is so awesome, because of its posters, my family, of whom I am very proud!

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Between the twenties obviously, he needs room to work, to set up his defenders, to deek, bob and weave.

25. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't even care about the fantasy football aspect I just want to hear some reports about Hartline or anyone dominating the red zone. I have hope that Keller and Binns can be efficient there.