1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got to interview Kory Sheets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsbuck719, Jul 11, 2010.

1. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    http://footballsplace.com/2010/07/kory-sheets-interview/

Pretty cool guy.

I am telling you, this guy needs to make the team as a return man. Yes, we have 85,000 RBs, but he can be a solid STer this season playing on min contract (so no Reggie Torbor 3.6 mil or whatever it was as a STer) and then we have him to fall back on after the upcoming season. Noone knows what will happen to Ronnie and Ricky this season and there are lots of speculation that both of them won't be back next year, leaving us with Lex Hilliard. Sheets I think can be a special player.

2. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    He sounds like a good kid, I wish him well.

3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i think he is going to be a very good RB i would love for him to make this team over hillard or cobbs

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think a lot of whether he makes is depends on Cobbs return. There are some rumblings that he's not progressing like the others (Ronnie, Crowder) are...could be interesting. They picked him up for a reason...potential is what they saw....here's hoping he shows it in TC...

dolfan7171 and HULKFish like this.
  5. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    As long as Bess isn't returning punts I'll be happy...

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Amen! :up:

7. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Yeah. I agree. I mean Ryan Grice-Mullen I believe would be a solid returner for us, but how much would he really be able to contribute to the team? He would be a #6 WR probably at best and then just be an all time STer. Sheets at least gives us options with his versatility.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I like his game, and really think he could add speed at the Rb/Kr position, my questions with him are centered around how complete a player he is in areas such as blocking and playing ST, at Purdue he really wasn't asked to do those things.

I'd like to see him take over a preseason game with some big plays as physically, 6'2/212 with 4.4/3 speed can be impossible to ignore when he shows he can produce and knows his job.

Though RGM is my guy, Sheets could do even better than he can with his size/speed combination.

Pandarilla and dolfan7171 like this.
  9. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I'd like to see him make the team.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Same here, even if RGM just made the practice squad, the issue is, Sheets is larger, probably a stronger runner, and with RW and Ronnie's injury issues, Sheets could potentially easily step in and start at Running Back.

For Grice, the equation is entirely different, he is behind BMarsh, DBess, Greg C, B Hartline, Pat Turner, so unless he is a dynamite Returner, he is caught in the numbers game mix.

Though for some reason I love the idea of RGM and DBess on the field the same time Marshall is, I picture a sort of Giant and two small dudes zipping around the field on crossing routes and the defense having issues with coverage packages.

RGM played for 45k in 2009, practice squad members make 200k.

Pandarilla likes this.
  11. IfinUfin

IfinUfin New Member

Jul 7, 2010

What, that's awesome. Good job on the interview.

12. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Looking forward to seeing a LOT of this kid during preseason.....nice steal off the 9ers practice squad

13. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I could see Cobbs on the pup, Sheets and RGM on the 53 while poor Patrick Turner gets cut loose. I mean, for Pete's sake, we've got a change of pace QB and four nearly identical RB's. Can we please at least have a change of pace RB. We're like a monster truck with spinners and a whale tail...

In the end, I gotta believe we keep anyone who shows promise at returning kicks and punts.