1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great game....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BwanaZulia, Oct 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    (Long night and early morning so forgive if this doesn't make any sense)

Well done. That was one heck of a game and I was amazed that both QBs played so well and both defenses seemed to give up so much.

A few thoughts....

1. The Dolphin fans were damn loud. Go showing.

2. Chad Henne looks like a good QB. He was poised and made the passes you had him throw.

3. The wildcat is pretty damn good. I thought the Jets would have a better answer for that, they didn't. It tore up the Jets D.

4. The Dolphins are down, but not out.

5. The Jets D isn't want it should have been. I was seriously disappointed.

Other than that, can't wait for the rematch. Hopefully we get a little more pass rush between now and then.

See you in a few weeks.

BZ

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks BZ, hope you have a safe trip home bro.. and I hope your lovely bride rags yer arse the whole way. Be well!

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Mrs. BZ must be on cloud nine!!!

4. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Great game indeed. I'm sure the Jets have that week 8 matchup circled on the calendar. This intense rivalry is back. Can't wait for round 2 :up:

finz810, like2god and HULKFish like this.
  5. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Got home safe (back in NYC) and yes, and 12 hours later we started to talk! :)

Maybe cloud 8, since I was so pissed (and pissy)

Toughest loss I have been at, If we don't win the rematch I am jumping on the field myself.

BZ

like2god likes this.
  6. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Thanks for coming back and staying classy, even if it means some of that pre-game smack talk might come back around.

That was a great game though, win or lose both teams put it on the line. So long as the Jets don't let this become the start of a massive downward spiral, I'm sure we'll be in for another treat of a game in 3 weeks.

like2god likes this.
  7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Thanks

like2god likes this.
  8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I agree with everything except that the idea that Sanchez played well. He had one or two good plays and that was pretty much it. He had all day to throw and had to be bailed out by fake punts and penalties all game.

9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    You forgot the two INT's that wete dropped and the fact he was missing recievers by at least 10 yards.
    I knew you would be in here BZ. You are indeed always true to your words :yes:
    Until next time BZ :up:

like2god likes this.
  10. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Wait....

The Dolphins are down....???

Which Dolphins are you talking about....our Miami Dolphins are only 1 loss back in the division with a game up on you in the head to head...

Anyone else feel like we are down?

Agua likes this.
  11. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Good to hear. Most important of all.
    You're one reason I don't lump all the Jets fans into one basket. You can be kind of a smartass, but not in a mean way.
    No need for me to pile on after this game. Nothing that I can say is going to have as much of an impact as what you're hearing from your wife. :lol:

like2god and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  12. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I don't think he played great ball, but certainly not bad. One thing is blatantly apparent, the Edwards trade is going to be fantastic for the Jets if he keeps this up. He did have one dropped pass (the PI call, which was a dropped pass, NOT PI). For our sake I'm hoping he has more, but I'd trade one or two dropped clutch passes for two or three made clutch catches for sure (I feel like we have a receiver like that right now...).

Sanchez did make some bad mistakes though like the intentional grounding and the near miss ints.

That being said, we're talking about a guy who entered the draft early, and is starting as a QB in the NFL as a rookie. To see him playing at the level he is even in bad games says a lot about him. I feel like this season will be a lot of one/two step back one/two step forward, but when this season is over he'll definitely be a big concern going into next.

I look forward to the Henne - Sanchez Rivalry brewing up, hopefully both of these guys can keep a level head on their shoulders and keep it fun for both teams.

like2god and jetssuck like this.
  13. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Just in overall record not in talent or ability to be ahead.

14. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Sanchez wasn't bad. He didn't appear to be anything special, though, either. I haven't been watching him, was this his normal performance?

15. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    From your coach all the way down to the fans, you seem to think that your D didn't show up or just had a bad game.....

They did show up......and we handed them their assess.

Not trying to talk smack here, just felt that needed to be pointed out.

Beyond that, it was a hell of a game and a great display on the national stage.

Edit*

High five your wife for me ;]

Ozzy, 54Fins, like2god and 2 others like this.
  16. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    :up: exactly. They were doing the same things they've been doing all along. We just knew how to minimize them.

jetssuck likes this.
  17. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Good to see you BZ ... don't take the loss to hard. It looks for all intents and purposes there was a new rivalry born last night ... Henne vs. Sanchez. We could really be looking at the next great QB rivalry.

Good game last night, for both teams. I had 17 heart attacks watching the game. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks for the rematch.

like2god likes this.
  18. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I agree that Sanchize made some big plays last night. But if you take away the fake punts and some bad calls....what would the score really have been?

19. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The bad call (PI) I'll agree with, but I don't think you can take their punt returns away. They earned those due to our awful special teams play. I do think, however, it will be different next game. I think Sparano is going to get all over everyone's *** for letting them make a fool of us twice on 4th down with their punting unit.

Other than that PI call though, I think most of them were pretty fair. The one on, I think it was Wilson, the unnecessary roughness? That was a bit weak, but I can see where the refs are coming from. If he had his hands up for that reaching for the ball it would have been a different call. Or if he stayed down on the ground and hit him. It was a close call, and I don't agree with it, but after watching it again it wasn't a blatant bad call like the PI was.

20. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Thanks BZ, much appreciated. You're a class act. nothing but respect for you brother. :)

21. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

THIS is our resident Jets fan. Thanks BZ.

late again and like2god like this.
  22. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    it was a nice game

23. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks Brother BZ. Tell the wife congrats for me.:yes:

24. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Get ready for a long nite in the jail house.

25. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I wish I had a dollar for every time a cop has said that to you....

opfinistic and bigbry like this.
  26. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    I would take a nickle.
    lol

jetssuck likes this.
  27. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    BZ! Glad you made it home okay! When are you going to just give in to the wife and convert?

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  28. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    but but but...the jets were 3-1! and the dolphins were a pitiful 1-3! Calvin pace was supposed to be the difference maker for your pass rush! Your run defense is stout, no way would miami be successful on the ground!

....Sorry. Im done. these are just a few of the things i've been hearing about that oh so great new jersey team.

29. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Classy post bro, nice to see that you got back home safe.