1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great read on the draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Draconis1410, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Draconis1410

Draconis1410 New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    New York City
    DPlus47 and Finrunner like this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I would hope they mentioned rumored cocaine usage and a not so stellar senior season as reasons Marino dropped. Yes they made a mistake but this isn't an exact science and mistakes will be made. If there were no mistakes the draft would last what, 2 rounds with all starters filling it up? Lol.

3. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    I'm looking forward to the 30 for 30 tonight. I think that series is one of the better shows on ESPN. Most of them have been done pretty well, and my favorite, well, I really enjoyed the SMU Pony Express piece.

Elway to Marino has a chance, especially for the fans of the teams involved at the time, to be really good. I remember being in high school when Marino was taken and being just totally pumped. My friend, who was the quarterback on my high school team, told me that Marino was over-rated and had had a horrible senior season (only the latter of which was somewhat true). I was actually living in Colorado at the time, and it was huge there when Denver got Elway. I liked it even better when Elway went out and immediately underperformed, and then Dan hit... it was gold!!!

Like the old song in the All in the Family sitcom, "Those Were the Days!"