1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Season Comes To An End...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by New Era, Jan 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Well it was a great year for the Miami Dolphins. They played hard all season and became the AFC EAST CHAMPIONS. But had an early exit in the playoffs wildcard game.

The Ravens Defense just swamped the Dolphins early and created turnover after turnover for the entire game. Their defensive front line penetrated the Dolphins offensive line almost at will. The Dolphins continued to fight and the defense played very well for most of the game.

Miami does not have the pieces to make a championship run this season. They know where their weak spots are at for next season. They will improve in those areas and try to keep most of the talent they already have in place.

The following positions need attention come Draft Day & Free Agency.

* RG - Run/Pass Blocker. While I hope that D. Thomas comes back healthy next season. We need to get better at depth either way.

* DE - Pass Rusher. Langford & Merlin turned out quite nice this season for run stuffers. But Miami needs someone to help JP on 3rd downs.

* CB - Cover Corner. Goodman & Allen played really good this season. But Miami needs to address the future at CB.

* FS/SS - Ballhawk Type Player. Bell & Hill both are in their 30's. But man they played really good this season. But still yet Miami needs to get guys ready for future years.

* DT - Run Stuffer. Ferguson is getting older and Miami needs good depth based on to many times this year not having enough big bodies in the game, due to injury or suspensions.

* WR - Cam should be ready for next season after his injury. Bess is really starting to shine. Ginn has made major strides since last season. London seems like a keeper. So, Miami just needs to get better depth and cut loose Wilford. It hurt today when Bess went out of the game & Miami had only 2 WR's...

* C - Run Blocker. Satele really did have a bad season compared to his flashes of greatness last season. It seemed like most plays he is lost in the shuffle or lets a guy through with some weak move. I think he just needs more time and a true competition for the starting job. If he makes it, he is the best we have. But if a Rookie, FA or a current player can be better...than so be it. Put Satele in the rotation as G & C for depth.

My top target this offseason might not even make it as a Franchise Tagged Player. If Oakland has any sense they will sign Asomugha to the highest contract ever for a DB, maybe even the highest paid defensive player ever. I think he is worth a 1st and 3rd easy...There is not a defensive player better than him coming out in the draft. He has mad skills and would allow Miami to blitz more often...

But If Miami does not get him...maybe they get Macho Harris from VT. He has great cover skills and plays the RUN!

All in all...

It has been a great year for Miami. I hope Bill stays and keeps putting together the pieces to the puzzle for Miami. But if he leaves...I can only say "Thanks Bill for getting this team competing once again!!!"

GO DOLPHINS!!!