1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great SI.com Marino Article: The One and Only

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Great article about Dan Marino's first Superbowl visit, and how he expected to be back many times....

http://www.si.com/longform/2015/1985/marino/index.html

This part was interesting when you think about the difference in protection Dan had versus Tannehill

We allowed 46 this year.

2. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    I remember him talking to RW3 before the Super Bowl last year, telling him not to take it for granted because you'll never know if you'll be back as DM13 always thought he would of made it back but never did.

3. Hiruma78

Hiruma78 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

enjoyable article, thanks.... it makes me so freaking sad, so much talent "wasted"... and the young fans will know Dan just for the stats, when his true greatness can be understood just watching (I got into footbal just watching him in a play off game in Buffalo, in 1990...even a newbie like me could SEE how special he was... ) his stats are out of the world, but I think they don't really represent his amazing talent

edit: about the sacks: when we had Shula, our OL was always very good , but Dan - with his matador style - deserves a ton of credit for avoiding sacks...he was masterful at that, the best I ever saw (just half a step, but with perfect timing and he gained the time to throw)

4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Know what though....

Hes gonna get his ring, Hell Mutha ****in yeh!

Some how some way all of us are gonna will the damned franchise to the title.

Hiruma78 likes this.
  5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Yes, he was brilliant and his quick release certainly helped too.