1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Arrow

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Jun 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

More specifically, SuperMax, the Green Arrow script he wrote for producer David Goyer (Batman Begins) has been given the title Green Arrow, meaning that the content of the movie itself is going to be a surprise to those who go in expecting just another Superhero movie…

Green Arrow, as it is now called, is about Oliver Queen already being the Green Arrow when he gets arrested within the first 15 minutes of the film and is sent to the SuperMax Penitentiary for Metahumans, where he becomes a marked man and is forced to escape with the help of the DC comics rouge gallery.

As in The Riddler, Joker and Lex Luthor show up, as well as a dozen other lesser-known DC villains.

We’re psyched that someone has joined Goyer in his superhero (ahem – metahuman) worldview. Goyer brought us Batman Begins based on the idea of grounding Batman back in the real world after Batman and Robin shot them into the atmosphere of the campy planet. Now, treating a superhero as something besides hero vs. villain for 90 minutes is another big step.

If Matt Damon really is on the short list for Green Arrow, someone needs to lock that **** down

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/06/03/supermax-gets-a-name-change/

finfansince72 likes this.
  2. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Sounds like an interesting idea for a movie. I don't know if this character can hold a movie for a hour and a half, probably a good idea to have a bigger more involved cast like this.

3. ILPhinFan88

Read on a different site they are tryin to get Matt Damon for the role.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He can pull it off. I actually enjoy Matt Damon.

5. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Matt Damon might be okay, but IMO Justin Hartley was great in the role on Smallville.

Whatever the case, I hope that this doesn't go the way of Justice League Mortal with the Director taking stupid liberties with the characters' appearance, i.e., Superman short and both he and Aquaman suddenly Hispanic-looking and Batman towering over everyone else.

This could be good.

6. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    [​IMG]

7. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Meh, I think that the hood is a big improvement over the "Robin Hood" look.

8. ILPhinFan88

[​IMG]

Miamian likes this.
  9. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    Yea I like the actor that does the smallville version does a very good job of it imo.