1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Bay Uncomfortable with Jermichael Finley's Salary

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by PerfectTeam, Mar 25, 2013.

1. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Per PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/report-packers-uncomfortable-with-finleys-salary/

Finley is due a $3 million roster bonus on the 15th day of the league year, which falls on Tuesday and that leaves the Packers short on time to make their call. Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the team has expressed to Finley’s agent that they are “uncomfortable” with the tight end’s contract, but there’s no sign that there’s been an ultimatum regarding his spot on the roster.

Something to bear watching for tomorrow. It could be why we have a decent amount of cap space left over to lure this guy here. Just my two cents but talk about adding another piece to the passing game. The guy is inconsistent for sure, but he does add that seam threat and depresses a need on draft day. This could be a moot point very soon but we will see.

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I'd be ok with him if requires $4-5 mil, but not a penny more. He has too much to prove.

3. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Just don't see it happening after signing Dustin Keller.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    anything can happen at the right price. But, to your point, I don't see us outbidding anyone for Finley after signing Keller.

5. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    I'm sorry, I agree with you. That was more or less what I was trying to say.

6. invid

Dec 9, 2012
  7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    reading the comments below the story from Packers fans, they don't seem to happy about paying Finley that much and repeatedly label him as an average player at best. If Keller stays healthy, he's still better value IMO.