1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg Camarillo's Interview on Sirius, Good Stuff

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I just heard Greg Camarillo give an interview to Sirius' Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. I'll try to paraphrase what he said... again, this won't be word for word as I was in my car trying to remember everything that was being discussed...

Talked about his knee... modern miracles of medicine that he can get back rehabbing a day or two after the surgery. not what it used to be in that career's used to be over when you tore your ACL

He walked on as a backup punter at Stanford. Says he gets ribbed a lot because he has a Stanford degree and if he makes a mistake they wonder how he pulled it off.

On Pennington - he said when Chad arrived last year everything changed. He took immediate control of the huddle and the offense. When they get to the line of scrimmage and sees how the defense lines up, he makes changes and is highly successful in executing those changes. He said Chad makes everyone smarter (I think that's the finest compliment you can make to a qb).

on Pat White - said he hasn't been working on ANY wildcat stuff in practice. They just want him to learn the basics of the qb position. But said he wouldn't be surprised down the stretch if they started throwing WC stuff his way. Compared a left handed quarterback's pass to driving on the other side of the street in England.

on Chad Henne - can make all throws, has a cannon. Working on being ready this year.

on Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline - Likes them both. Says he was happy to see how they came in wanting to learn and not the usual young cocky attitude. Says they each bring different skill sets to the table. (found that last part interesting)

on Sean Smith and Vontae Davis -Likes them both as well. Similar to the wr's, they aren't practicing thinking they already know everything... eager to learn. Says Sean Smith is THE MOST IMPROVED player through training camp. Says they picked on him early on, in the OTA's and he has taken those lessons and gotten better from them and that's why he is where he is.

on How will coverage change vs him this year - last year many teams played off coverage allowing him and Chad to adjust at the LOS and play pitch and catch down the field. He is expecting more bump coverage this year but is ready as he faces that in practice a lot going against VD and SS.

Last but not least...on Bill Parcells... PK asked him if BP had a nickname for him yet. He responded and said yes, he calls him "mayor"... why? Because Parcells thinks Greg is a politician and is always talking things through... being the diplomat with issues etc... But Camarillo said he doesn't dispute it... PK asked him if when Parcells has his little discussions with teammates in practice, does anyone ever give it back to him (as good as Parcells dishes it out)... PK thought Joey Porter would be at the top... he said Jason Ferguson is the only one who has been able to "get back" at Parcells and that is because they have spent 10 plus years together...

Bpk, Sceeto, Fin Fan In Cali and 10 others like this.
  2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Anyone else disappointed by this? Hopefully it's just BS.

3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the read, Paul.

Paul 13 likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm not... they will work him slowly into that formation. We're only carrying three quarterbacks and PW is one of them. He needs to be a quarterback first. Now that doesn't mean we won't see him in the WC at all this year... I think we will, we're just not going to show all of our cards before game 4.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Damn I missed this. I was too busy listening to a replay of Stern where Robin talked about the time she messed her pants. Would have rather heard this interview. Thanks for the recap!

Boik14 likes this.
  6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I think its BS :D

Nice porfolio))

2k5 likes this.
  7. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI