1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg Williams is Fd

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by slickj101, Mar 23, 2012.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    The only reason I would of been ok with the Fisher signing was Greg Williams.

[​IMG]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-put-15000-bounty-on-brad-johnson-in-2006/

:lol: Feeling pretty good right now.

Messed up though, he and Payton def deserved the suspension and prob a lot more.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Good luck finding another gig anytime soon, what a PR nightmare.

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Can you imagine that nightmare in South Beach?

4. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    May be the luckiest thing that ever happened to Ross/Ireland is Fisher choosing the Rams.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The fans would probably have a protest saying they should draft Nick Foles.

ToddsPhins, Daben and unluckyluciano like this.
  6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol Well first of all it'd be Ireland's fault for not knowing this would happen.

7. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    **** no. This guy is an NFL leper at the moment, no way someone is bringing this type of attention to their franchise anytime soon.

I'm willing to be that near the end of his suspension, before he comes back he either resigns or gets fired. I don't see how, as an owner you allow him to come back onto your club.

8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Gregg Williams is only 53 so he'll probably work in the NFL again. Were he a couple years older, I'd say his career was effectively over. After his suspension is over, I can see him getting black balled for a year or two, maybe 5.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    winning

ToddsPhins likes this.
  10. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  11. Daben

Daben Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    I think its a shame for Williams that the XFL isn't still going, what a perfect fit that would have been. They would have given him dollar bills to stick in players' belts on the sidelines after a big hit.

Of course with the ultimate demise of our society and culture 50 years from now you'll be able to bid dollar amounts from your own home that will appear as a graphic above the QBs head to reward the player who performs the appropriate death move on him after tasering his testicles. Until then, shame on you Greg Williams.

MAFishFan likes this.
  12. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Some desperate team with a ****ty defense will give him another chance if he is re-instated down the road.

Wulf likes this.
  13. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I DONT THINK HIRING FISHER WOULD HAVE BEEN A BAD THING FORMIAMI UNLESS WILLIAMS WAS MADE OUR DC.

THERE IS SOME TALK OF REGGIE BUSH BEING INVOLVED INPART OF ALL THIS. IF THAT TURNS OUT TRUE THEN MIAMI WILL HAVE NO OFFENSE.

hope for our sake that Reggie isnt a part of any of the stuff related to the saints.

14. Daben

Daben Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Somehow I dont see Reggie being offered money to injure anyone, if anything they'd offer him money to try not to injure himself seeing how much that was an issue for him in New Orleans.

Of course it's possible that he'd put money up for it, but i think he would have needed that money as apparently his partner at the time was somewhat high maintenance.

15. Wulf

Wulf New Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Pensacola, FL

I've already been thinking that. Fisher wasn't excited about coming, and I didn't want him. Philbin was my personal preference before we even fired Tony...

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    There's always rumors about Fisher fielding a somewhat dirty team..any intentions when he hired Williams?

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Mercy does not exist in this dojo.

Ophinerated likes this.
  18. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Ron Swanson

Dec 11, 2007
    Gregg Williams is the Pete Rose of the NFL. He's done.

I would guess some D2 or D1 playoff division or whatever they call 1-AA now NCAA school will hire him and the NCAA won't have much choice about it because he hasn't done anything there. They'll just watch him like a hawk.

19. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida

[​IMG]

They all said the Saints weren't the only ones.

-Apologies, was too funny not to post.

Ophinerated and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  20. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Are we sure he didn't just hand it directly to Johnson?

21. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    What a freakin mess. We definately dodged a bullet on that one because if Fisher was brought in Williams would have been with him, I have no dount in my mind. While St Louis is not getting beat up about Williams you can be sure that with the media taking pot shots at us already this would just added more fuel to the fire.

22. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    While I don't agree with the practice of paying players to take another player out of a game. If anyone thinks that the Saints are the only team to offer these financial payoffs for this type of play, you are dreaming.
    Many former players have been in the media and stated that this type of reward system has been common practice on many teams throughout the history of the NFL.

In fact the NFL was aware of what the Saints were doing three years ago and all they did at the time was send a letter to the Saints demanding they quit this practice of paying players for actions on the field which might injure another player. The NFL certainly didn't step in and fine the players or suspend coaches or the GM when they first found out about this practice three years ago.

The Saints staff and Williams received the suspensions they did because of their lying to the Goodell when they met with him to discuss if the practice of paying players for certain actions were still being encouraged and rewarded financially. How Fischer is even involved in this issue is beyond me. There is no evidence that he knew anything about this before he hired Williams and I have certainly not heard him say he condoned what took place in New Orleans.

I still wish Fischer had taken the job with the Dolphins. In fact If the Saints decide to get rid of Sean Payton because of his involvement in this incident, I would be quite happy if the Dolphins make Philbin a one year HC and replace him with Payton in 2013. They can always make Philbin the OC after hiring Payton and he can go back to the same type of role he had in Green Bay, where he put the offensive game plan together during the week and the HC called the plays on game day. I happen to think Sean Payton is one of the top coaches in the NFL and I only hope the Saints make the mistake of firing him and hopefully the Dolphins will hire him.

Of course I am not foolish enough to think this would happen but I would trade Philbin for Payton without thinking about it twice.

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Anyone else think its kind of sad he needed his team to take out Brad Johnson of all people in this example to win? That is pretty pathetic. I don't really want a DC who can't come up with a way to stop Brad F'ing Johnson outside of maiming him.