1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gregg Cosell Film Study on Dolphins Offense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Eop05, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Love Cosell, but didn't really tell us anything we didn't know. We need better wide receivers. Although it was interesting that he singled out Bowe as the best of the bunch (Wallace, Jennings, Bowe). Feels he's the most complete. While not a deep threat, has the ability to get deep.

3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    The first clip is the reason why Hartline doesn't score TDs. LOL.

4. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    My only issue with Bowe is that he is a receiver that needs to be fed the ball to be successful. IMO, that's not what Joe Philbin is going to base this passing game around. His passing game in Green Bay was never centered around just one receiver. It was centered around the group of receivers as a whole.

Greg Jennings has already been in this offense. He knows the system and is a perfect fit. IMO, Miami should sign him and then double up by taking whichever receiver they believe is the best early in the draft, whether that be Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen.

I very much agree that Mike Wallace is not the guy you sign in Miami's situation. Giving Mike Wallace a big contract gives me images of Tampa Bay giving Alvin Harper a big contract back in the early '90s. Some of you may not be old enough to remember, but Harper was an excellent deep threat alongside Michael Irvin. However, when he was put into a position where he was the lead receiver, he was a complete flop.

Mike Wallace is a vertical receiver, and in Miami's offense, 80-85% of the passing offense is going to come from passes that are less than 20 yards in length.

Mr772 and Clark Kent like this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    lol!

6. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I agree Jennings or Bowe are more of a overall player than Wallace and what Miami needs. Now if you could get Wallace on the same field with a Jennings or Bowe at the same time you then would have a great chance to get those mismatches for chunk yardage on a regular basis.