Gruden to replace Kornheiser on MNF

9 replies

charlestonphancharlestonphanNew MemberOP
May 18, 2009, 10:53 AM

just read it on ESPN.com...

R.I.P. Scott Knight; Dec. 1968 - Dec. 2007

MotionMotionNew Member
May 18, 2009, 11:00 AM

Nice! Might be able to watch it again now.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
May 18, 2009, 11:01 AM

good..i like tony k but mnf was not for him

gunn34gunn34New Member
May 18, 2009, 11:25 AM

"King Felix wrote:

good..i like tony k but mnf was not for him

I agree. I don't think he liked doing that either.

charlestonphancharlestonphanNew Member
May 18, 2009, 11:44 AM

saw Gruden on some of the NFL draft coverage, and he is not a polished broadcaster at this stage (not that Kornheiser was either), but i think he will give it to the viewers straight, at least as he sees it, and as a former coach, can bring something to the equation.

R.I.P. Scott Knight; Dec. 1968 - Dec. 2007

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
May 18, 2009, 11:55 AM

Thank god... I like TK, but he sucked as a broadcaster. I'm not sure Gruden will be great, but at least he won't be telling irrelevant anecdotes throughout. I'm all for entertainment, but you need to find someone who can contribute to actual football discussions. Dennis Miller (who I didn't hate), TK, and those of their ilk just don't cut it.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 18, 2009, 12:10 PM

Sorry, but IMO, Tony K just sucked. He was fair worse than Dennis Milller and he sucked too. I for one will be glad to see Tony K gone and Gruden in the booth. I just can't stand TK.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
May 18, 2009, 04:25 PM

Sweet.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
May 19, 2009, 01:20 AM

UGH!!! Gruden is going to be horrible.. He absolutely sucked during Draft Coverage.

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
May 22, 2009, 12:02 AM

"UCF FINatic wrote:

UGH!!! Gruden is going to be horrible.. He absolutely sucked during Draft Coverage.

An empty chair would be better than Fire Marshall Bill lookalike Tony Kornhole.

The guy was a complete and utter idiot.

MNF got better simply by subtraction of a greater negative here.

RIP Jetssuck