1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess who the Vikings leading receiver was tonight?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Aug 29, 2010.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Guess who the Vikings leading receiver was tonight? You guessed it, Camarillo had 4 catches 47 yards. :up: Show 'em Greggie!!!

gafinfan and Bpk like this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm guessing Camarillo's catches this year > Benny Sapp's tackles.

But you can't count the effect of Sapp's secondary play preventing a QB from throwing to where/who he's covering. He'll be our nickel back, at least til Will Allen returns.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  3. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    no matter how you draw it up, the vikings got the more effective/better player. He will produce more than benny sapp will this season for us. However, we had a need that had to be filled so we did so. Its just unfortunate it led us to letting a very reliable player go.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Cam may do more there than Benny Sapp will here, but I'd bet Cam will do more there than he would have here too.

FinSane, jazz, Larry Little and 14 others like this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Even though I understand why this trade occured, its still sad to see him wear something other than aqua and white(and the ocassional orange)

frozenfin likes this.
  6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This post is either a fortune cookie or a country song, I can't tell.....:lol:

7. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'll go with the cookie lol

Fin D likes this.
  8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I love Cam and I'm really happy hes in an offense that really just needs some stability at the WR position right now, his overall best quality.

But now that he's not here, let's admit it. He's got to be the slowest WR in the entire league. Only WR in the league who could obtain 5-10 yards of separation with his route running and immediately lose all separation after he starting sprinting.

His career is actually kind of baffling. He'll be remembered forever for outrunning the ravens defense to win the only game that season, but he failed to outrun anyone ever again after that.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  9. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Is Hartline and Bess really that much better than Cam? In our offense we don't really stretch the field so it caters to Cams style and he is a lot more dependable than Hartline and Bess.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    they're younger, surprisingly cheaper, and they haven't torn an acl in the past. So yes.

And more dependable than bess? The guy who was 2nd in the league on 3rd down conversions last year? Isn't that, like, the definition of dependability?

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  11. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Sums it all up.

12. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner

If you love something, let it go...

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    (per ESPN's NFC North Blog)

Not everything was perfect in Camarillo's first game, the WCO uses complex terminology and it takes time to learn all of the route calls.

14. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    lol favre overthrowing him. he will learn :lol: takes cam a while to run to a place

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You know Favre is going to bust his chops about it:

"You are as fast as I am..and I'm 41..."

:D

adamprez2003 likes this.
  16. hooserdaddy

hooserdaddy Season Ticket Holder

Mar 22, 2008
    it was actually a pretty equal trade but with Cam getting thrown to from Favre and his numbers prob increasing are going to make people feel other wise.

The other factor people seem to not consider is that it's not as much about Sapp as it is more about the team feeling they could upgrade Camarillo's 4th string spot with Moore who will also contribute in special teams something that Cam doesn't. Not including we are in very few 4 WR sets and Camarillo's reps were going to be less this year w/ the Marshall, Bess and Hartline. In addition trading Cam also allows us to keep 2 out of 3 of the young receivers out of Moore (All but made the team as the 4th wr), Turner or Wallace.

Just face it Minnesota had young corners they wanted to play instead of Sapp because of the upside and price and the Dolphins wanted to do the same thing for the WR position and this trade allowed both teams to address needs and allow some younger players come up and prove themselves.

A 4th WR for a nickel corner/and special teams demon sounds like a fair trade to me. I'm excited about Moore anyway, and now will get to see them stretch the field w/ him.

adamprez2003 and Larryfinfan like this.
  17. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, except maybe for Davon Bess...seriously, he'll be missed by some and perhaps at some point, if our young guys don't mature very quickly, but this is a move that had to be made, even if only until Allen returns, although I think that Sapp will help this team. Unfortunately, as has been said, he'll probably be more productive on the Vikes than he would have been here...

18. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Favre is going to love Cam as he runs the sharpest routes and he will know just where to find him.

He may get Welker type numbers if he becomes Favre's favorite receiver.

19. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    :pointlol:
    Indeed.
    Favre, much like Marino did, quickly determines the reliable reciever, and then relies on him early and often for rhythm. Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, Bubba Franks, they apply their full arsenal, but whether they're fast or slow, possession recievers have been key to both prolific players.

20. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    He has dropped some easy balls and has had fumbling problems.