1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hank Baskett Released

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Sep 15, 2009.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Hes 6"4 and has good hands(at least from what Ive seen of him I thought so).
    Eagles were just too loaded at WR and tried to trade him.

Do you think the phins will look at him?

I think its a possibility

2. RAS25

RAS25 Junior Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hes a good blocker also and can contribute on special teams, but i dont know if id part with anyone on the team to make room for him.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I haven't seen him play enough, but he obviously didn't see a lot of passes in Philly for one reason or another (and that isn't just this year). He has good size though.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, he reminds me of Brandon London whom we cut, if they had wanted Brandon London on the team then they would not have cut him in the first place....no?

5. TheAnswer385

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    that's my only issue

we are going to have to trade one of our wrs eventually.

6. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Theres a new NFL commercial showing him dropping a ball in the end zone in Slo-Mo maybe thats why he got cut.

7. TheAnswer385

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    actually the ball comes back down and lands in his hands

jk I don't know what happens (I just saw that commercial too)

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think it has to do with his progression or lack of, at wide receiver. I know they've brought in Harold Carmichael a couple of times to teach Baskett how to use his body and catch the ball but it hasn't worked all that great.

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Poor guy has a baby on the way too. His wife is pretty hot, fwiw...

10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, he is of course from THE University of New Mexico, more than enough reason to go after him :shifty:

Does it help that he recently married a Playmate?

11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Well unlike London, Baskett has at least produced some as a WR. So while London may be like Baskett, doesn't mean Baskett isn't much better than London.

MrClean likes this.
  12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

^^^ Exactly what I was gonna say.:up:

Stitches likes this.
  13. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Not ready to claim the sky is falling after only one loss. We lost 4 of our first 6 last year, didn't turn out too badly. We are seriously overreacting on this board to one loss IMHO. I'll stick with our current WR's for the time being, what we need is the OL to get it together and give Penny time to throw and our WR's time to get open. IMO last thing we need to do is bring in another Brandon London who does not know our system and has no synergy with Penny whatsoever.

14. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I think it may be a slight to Baskett to call him another Brandon London. The part following the bolded may be something to think about, but I don't think it's that big of a deal personally.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  15. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

They were originally trying to trade Baskett and I think the reason why they had to let him go is because now they are carrying 4 QB's on their roster (McNabb, Vick, Kolb, Garcia) and they had to make room.

I don't think they wanted to let him go (hence the trade option first) but they had to due to the roster limits and because they couldn't get anyone to bite.

As far as picking him up is concerned I would not.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I could see Kansas City picking him up.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  17. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i agree, but i'm not interested in any WR's until Penny is out of the picture. I'm not saying that i want to get rid of penny, its just that the way penny plays we're fine with our WR's. What good would it do to get an all star WR when penny is gonna make the safe accurate short passes? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that because that's been winning us games.