1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy draft day!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Apr 26, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    May all your Dolphin dreams come true today, tomorrow, and Saturday.

I still don't like the fact that it is spread out over 3 days. They should have done first and second rounds on Friday and then 3-7 on Saturday. But hey...that is just my opinion.

As for my dreams for this draft. It is a WR deep draft, so there is no need to feel pressed to take a WR so early. That said, I hope Ireland isn't feeling pressed to take Tannehill at 8 either. We have a lot of holes to fill and getting a project QB at 8 vs a player that can step in a fill a hole/need now is quite a difference in value for that pick.

Option 1: Draft the best player on the board. If DeCastro is there, take him. If Coples is there, take him. Barron...we need him, take him. If by chance someone like Claiborne slides...TAKE HIM! Point is that we have tons of needs and any of these guys can come in and play right now and fill that spot for years to come.

Option 2: Trade down. There are players there that other teams want. If DeCastro is there, the Cowboys might be willing to trade up to get him. Keep all options open and look to get out of that spot if possible and take the best offer. With so many needs I am almost tempted to make this option 1. By trading down we, depending where we land, we can possibly draft someone like Weeden or Cousins in a slot that is more suitable for their value with those extra picks. Trade partners who bring the most to the table for us are Dallas and Philly (still keeps us picking ahead of the Jets) or Cincy who has 2 picks in the top 21.

Option 3: If nothing else works and nobody else is available that was ranked higher on anyones board....then take Tannehill at 8. IMO, Tannehill is the last option when looking at all the scenarios. Don't take him because you feel the pressure to take a QB in the first round. Don't take him because the fan base is crying out to take him. Don't take him because the media keeps saying "Miami must draft Tannehill". Ireland needs to go through options 1 and 2...take the best player available or trade out (whichever brings the best value and fills the need with the #8 pick) and then if nothing else is there draft Tannehill.

That is my Dolphin draft day wish. Will it happen? No. Ireland will feel the pressure and take Tannehill. :no: The nightmare continues.

firedan likes this.